Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty

We just got back from the Trip. It was awesome. I didn't expect us to get here on time, but we got back in perfect timing. The trip was awesome. We were able to go up to the top of the base of the statue, but not to the crown. It was an awesome trip. I took a lot of pictures, but unfortunately I don't have the little thing to send pics, so I will send some next week.
While I was at Ellis Island I looked at the bog wall that they have of names of Immigrants that went through Ellis Island, I round a couple of Ellsworth Names on the wall, and even a couple of Strachan names (though I'm sure they aren't our family since Mom is from Canada and all that.) It was awesome. Next week on Wednesday we go to the temple, our departing temple trip, I am really excited for that.

I'll say though, the trip did make me a little trunky... Especially since almost everyone on the trip are going home in 2 weeks there was a lot of talk of home, girls, what we'll do after the mission etc. I go home in about 4 weeks, 2 weeks after they do. It was good though. I know a lot of the Elders that were on the trip. It was a huge group, too. We had about 15 of us, 5 from the Cherry Hill mission who recently joined our mission. I would love to go to the crown someday, but I don't know when I'll be back this way. I still hope to return to New Jersey in December, Perhaps I'll have the opportunity to go then.

This week has been a little slow. We are making progress. It's always a little tough when you get a new companion and you have to lead the area until he gets to know it. It's been interesting so far, but I know that we will do well. Joseph finally got back last night. We have been keeping in contact with him via text for the last week, but it was really awesome to see him again. He still is unsure about baptism. We asked him to pray about it, and to let us know. We hope and pray that he will feel like he gets an answer and desires to get baptized.

This week we had a really awesome investigator come to church for the first
time. Her name is Katherine. We have taught her the first two lessons. Tommorow we are going to teach her a third and try and set her with a baptismal date. We are really excited for her. I hope that she will get baptized before I go.

I hope that Nick gets his mission call this week. I know the suspense has been killing me! I can't imagine how he's feeling right now. Hopefully he'll get it soon, and everything will work out. Maybe it's taking a while because he's just so amazing they can't decide which mission needs him more!

I also wanted to say that I am uber-jealous about the West Coast Trail trip. I wish I could go, but then again, I'm needed here still. (could they delay it a few weeks.... haha...) I hope that they have a good time and that Uncle Cliff can go. Hopefully Sidney gets better soon.
Umm in other news, Things are continuiing as normal. I am looking forward to my birthday. Dolores said that we need to go over and celebrate my birthday. I'm excited. I just need to make sure not to visit any Mexican's on my birthday. In Mexico there is a tradition that they will give you a cake and you need to take a bite out of the middle of the cake, and then when you bend down to take the bite, they shove your face into the cake. I've never seen it done, but I've seen some pictures of when it's been done. Also Elder Godfrey and I are planning to go out to eat at some point in the day, we have the same Birthday.

I already have a bunc of stuff I need to send home. The next couple weeks will be busy P-days for me, slowly start to pack up/send home/throw away stuff.
I love the time I've had here in NJ! I know that NJ will always have a special place in my heart. I know that this is the true church!
I hope that everyone has a good week. I know for sure that next weeks email will be on time. I promise I'll send pics next week from my trip today. I love and miss you all a ton.
Love,
Elder Isaac Ellsworth.

No comments: