Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Awesome

That is awesome to hear that Nick is graduating! I am so proud of him. I remember that I wasn't very excited/happy at the practice either, it was really boring, but I was really glad that I was there the actual day of graduation.
That is really awesome Nick, class of '09. This time next year he'll probably be preparing for a mission! I am very excited for you. Good luck next year at school also!

I can't believe that May is almost gone. Next week It will be June already!! That is crazy in so many ways! Next month Nick'll be turning 18! Wow! I still have a hard time believing how old everybody is, I haven't even been gone for a year, and at Mother's day I was so surprised. Nick's voice sounded deeper, and Emily and Ian sounded more mature, and I was really kind of stunned. Time really has been flying here.

I also can't believe that the transfer is almost over. We have today, then next week, then the Wednesday after that is transfer conference. Today is actually Elder Memmott's last P-day, next week they are going to the temple, then the next Tuesday he is flying home.

We've had a pretty good start to the week. We haven't been able to get out and do any tracting, but that's because we have been so busy. Monday I was on an exchange in Dover with the Zone leaders, and Yesterday was an amazing day. We had two Member-present lesson yesterday, one in Spanish with a new investigator. We had our first appointment with a Media referral. She was really cool, and seemed really interested. Then we had another appointment with Jeff Rascoe, and Juan came with us to that one as well. Juan is really helpful, and a really awesome member. He loves coming out with us, and he speaks both English and Spanish, so he really has been a great help to us this week. Jeff even said he'd come to church, and when we invited him to be baptized, he said that he feels he isn't ready, but it is something he wants to do. He said that he wants to "follow that path", and he really is doing really well.

I am doing well here, I had been getting discouraged, we hadn't had a new investigator in almost 3 weeks, but the exchange with Elder Hammond really helped to renew my faith. I know that this is the Lord's work, and that He directs us. I am excited for the good that we can accomplish here. I hope Elder Boyer and I are still together for at least 1 more transfer. I want to actually have a companion for more than just 6 weeks...

I love you all and miss you all. I'm glad to hear that you are still doing well. Love, Elder Isaac Ellsworth.

No comments: