Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Clinton, N.J

I am now in Clinton NJ. I am actually now on the complete opposite end of the mission from where I was before. I am in the absolute most south-western part of the mission. Just to the west of my area is Pennsylvania, and just south of my area is the Cherry Hill mission.

As for my new companion, well, Mom probably knows his Mom. My companion is Elder Boyer, and him and I went to high school together and graduated the same year. When they called out our names that we were going to be companions we both just yelled, "No way!" We are also about 100% positive that Mom teaches his little sister, and probably has met with his mom in Parent Teacher conferences or something. It is really weird, and a lot of people have just said "Really, that's odd" when we say that we went to high school together, and are now not only in the same mission, but missionary companions.

My area here is really different then before. It is a lot more rural than my last area. The houses are really spread apart, and there are a lot of rich people in our area. It is also weird, because we live half an hour out of our area. The ward is split into two areas. We are the Clinton South Elders, and we cover the bottom 1/2, well a little more than half the land mass of the ward boundaries. About 70% of the Members of the ward live in the Other Elder's area, which is called the Clinton North area.
It is also really neat because we are in a brand new Zone. At Zone conference they announced that they were splitting up Zone 8 and creating a brand new Zone, Zone 9! Our Zone leaders are great, and we have some really awesome goals to make this new Zone really take off.

I am also really excited to call home on Sunday. It is really hard to believe that it is almost Mother's day already. We are not 100% sure on what are schedule is going to be like, but we will probably and most likely call around 7:00 or 7:30, so back home that would be 5:00 or 5:30-ish. It is also really hard to believe that Sunday is also my 8 month mark in the mission. It seems like yesterday was Christmas call. The mission is really flying by, but I still have a long while to go. Emily driving??!! scary. Just kidding. most of Mom's gray hair's where probably my fault I'm sure Emily won't do as horribly. I still can't believe how old Emily is. Whenever people ask me how old my siblings are I always have to think about it. I start to say, well my sister is 13 , and ... no, she is 15, and Ian is... By the time I get home from my mission I'll be really confused.
Oh, by the way, I did get that letter from Grandma, and it was really good too, I got it just in time. Hopefully letters from the Mission office won't take as long now, we are not as far from Morristown anymore.

Oh, I sent a Mother's day card home, hopefully it gets there before Mother's day. I bought it on Saturday, and I didn't finally get it in the mail until today. I had filled in out and gotten it stamped and addressed and everything, and kind of forgot about it.. oops. I love you all and miss you so much. I am really glad to hear that Nick is doing well and got caught up. That is really awesome to hear. I wish him the best of luck when he goes off to college in the fall. Oh, BTW, we get to go to the temple in either June or July, I'm not sure how we'll get there or if I'll need money, but that will be an upcoming thing.

I can't wait to talk to you on Sunday, and Happy Mother's Day. Love, Elder Isaac Ellsworth.

No comments: