Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Wow!

This week has been a week full of mixed emotions.
I'm not sure where to begin, so I will begin at the beginning, and break it down.

Tuesday:
Tuesday was kind of a rough day, we lost 3 of our investigators on Tuesday, Elder, our best investigator, dropped us, he asked us not to come by anymore, he said that he's been feeling a lot of pressure, not really from us, but from himself, he said. We also lost two other investigators, all they wanted to do when we went over was argue about the sabbath day and stuff ( they're Seventh Day Adventists ) and they refuse to read and pray about the Book of Mormon, so there was no point in going back. Tuesday was a day where it could have been very easy to come home feeling very depressed, but we were feeling pretty good about things, I knew that Elder was in the Lord's hands, that we had done our part, and hopefully at some future time his heart will be opened to accept the gospel.

Wednesday:
As Wednesday starts off we are full of hope, and ready to go work, and it snows really hard. We receive a text message from the mission instructing us not to go out but to stay in and detox, plan, etc. only to leave if it was necessary. We cleaned the house and everything, and in the evening had three amazing appointments, even setting Gilberto Luna with a baptismal date! He is getting baptized this Saturday, I am really excited

Thursday:
Thursday we had zone conference, and we were supposed to have a visiting general authority, but he didn't come but zone conferences were still amazing.

Saturday:
On Saturday I had an exchange with the zone leaders and we talked with Brother Luna to plan everything for his baptism. He wants me to baptize him, and for that I am excited. Today is his interview, and on Saturday will be the baptism, I'll send some pictures next week.


Things have been going well here. I can't believe how fast time has gone. Apparently neither can anybody else. I got an email from Em today that said "Your half way now, cool" And I thought, wow, I'm actually about 3/4ths. I still cannot believe how fast it's gone.

Next interviews I have a few things to talk about with president. One of which involves when I am going home. For several reasons, I have decided that I am going to come home for Fall semester. I've thought a lot about it, and I've prayed, and I feel that is what I need to do. I've been thinking about it, and the date I came up with is August 25th, which'll be only 5 days before school starts. I'll need to take care of everything from here, or through you guys, but I feel like I need to be back at school soon, I don't want to come back from my mission and be idle for a semester, with nothing to do, I know that in that situation Satan would definitely try and tempt me, so I need to get back. Let me know what you think.

I'm approaching more and more a very important crossroads in my life. There was a talk last conference in priesthood session about fathers and sons, and the speaker ( I believe it was Elder Perry ) gave advice that we ask and value the opinion of our parents on important matters, such as education, career, etc. I need your help. I was thinking about coming home right before school, and just trying to hit the ground running, but do you think I should take another week, and try and get on my feet, by coming home around the 17th of August.
I'm not going to let this distract me, right now I'm a missionary, and the work of the Lord is my primary focus, but I do need to figure this stuff out.

Well, I gotta get going soon, I love you all so much. I hope that things continue to go well for you! Let me know what you think, and I will write you next week. Next week email will be the usual on Monday.
Love,
Elder Isaac Grant Ellsworth

No comments: