Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Sick, sick, sick


My Dearest Parents,

         Well I have had an interesting couple of days.  It has been an odd, my first week with Elder McAllister was great! We had 17 lessons; that led our zone!  But when he came to Cottonwood he came with a  cough.  It got worse and worse until last Tuesday I cancelled all of our appointments. I said he was sick and had to get better. Well, day after day he woke up coughing and hacking. Day after day I cancelled dinners and lessons.

 I feel really close to Elder McAllister.  I really loved Elder Thomson but it was not the same. He, McAllister, is such a good missionary, he works hard and he does the Lord’s will.  Now we have not been very productive because of his sickness. In fact today was the first day we have gotten out of the house in a week. We drove up to Redding to go and have a Dr. Appointment.  It was snowing up there!  The cars were covered for a little while! It is pretty hard to be productive or feel productive after spending so long at home. 

         I love you guys so much and I want to thank-you for your love and support.  You are so good to me.  You write every week, Thank-you! 
         I know why I am here, and I am determined not to get discouraged.  Not by other missionaries, not by experiences. I know why I am here. To serve the Lord!  I you all a ton. Thank you guys for EVERYTHING.

Love Elder Ellsworth

No comments: