Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Mount Shasta!

Well I am sure that you guys have many questions about Mount Shasta, I will do my best to answer them all.  Well Tuesday I drove up to Redding and met Elder Brown, and got my frist glimpse at the truck, which by the way is beautiful! 
 
Anyways we had zone meeting the next day in Redding, so we spent the night at another Elder's apartment.  It was fine, but I was so nervous to get transferred, meeting Elder Brown as usual when meeting someone you could spend the next six months of your life with was awkward.  But we got through it just fine.  
 
My new zone is a whole bunch of Elders that I have never met before, heard of a few of them, but for the most part don't know a soul!  So shortly after zone meeting we were off to Mount Shasta!  Which was hindered by the fact that Elder Brown has a very poor sense of Direction, and I had no idea where we were going.  After asking for directions at a gas station, we headed straight up I-5 into the Mountains.  The drive that we had was about an hour, and it is super beautiful, right by Shasta Lake, over some very cool bridges, and up to the base of the Mountain.  We headed straight to an appointment where we taught one of our 2 Total lessons this week!  
 
 
It has been a little rough up there, since arriving I have discovered a few important things 1. I had better be careful because before Elder Brown the last 4 missionaries who served here were pretty apostate.  2.  Elder Brown is almost as lost as I am in our area.  3.  I don't blame him our area covers 5 little towns, and the areas in between,  including,  Mt Shasta, Lake Shastina, Dunsmuire, Weed, and McCloud.  Elder Brown has only been here for six weeks more than I have so I'll give him a bit of a brake.
 
 
Once again I have had a pretty sick companion for most of the week, so I have been our little apartment for a long time, so I have gotten to know Elder Brown very well.  I know that he has struggled with a couple of previous companions, he was indeed home schooled, he is from Maine,  He is a very nice little guy,  I like him a lot but we are very different, and we are very much away from the rest of the mission.  I am going to need patience and love, but we will get along great.
 
 
Another great story is that I had a very... odd reception to the ward.  In C-wood pretty much all of the young women ignored the missionaries, here not so.  I think all of the young women at some point either stalked me in the halls, talked about us behind our backs, or came up and introduced themself with a very bogus name (ex. Olga).  So it was an interesting reception to say the least.  The Ward building up here is super cool!  When the went to build it they built it to support the snow that Mount Shasta gets.  By Some mistake they designed it for a ton of snow, but the town only gets like 8-10 feet each winter, all at once.  There is still piles of it on the side of the road, and a little bit in the shady areas.  What Else... I drive a lot, and I really love the Truck, it is a 2011 Chevy Colorado, super nice, and has 8k miles on it.  Good DEAL!
 
 
Mother's Day call will be next Sunday at two or three o clock my time, just to keep you guessing.  Um  I don't know what else to talk about.  I would really love a GPS...  hint...  Still no mail from Blake Kyle or Andrew.  This last week I hit my 5 month mark can you believe it, that is super CRAZY.  Well I love you guys a lot, and look forward to talking to you next week on the phone.  I can't Skype, I think I told you that I could, but President Pendleton changed his mind so oh well. 
 
Love Your Gutz
Elder Ellsworth

No comments: