Monday, May 2, 2011

Snail Mail Letter

The following letter arrive U.S. post, the library in Mt. Shasta is closed Monday and Tuesday, so we don't expect email until Wednesday!

                                                                                                                                             April 28, 2011

Dear Family,

Well I just wanted to write you and tell you that I am still alive. As you know I am now serving in Mount Shasta, this is the farthest north in the Roseville Mission! I sure serve in a bunch of small towns up here, Weed, Mount Shasta, Lake Shastina, Dunsmuir and McCloud.  This is going to be a crazy area! Plus I am driving. Elder Brown doesn't have a driver's license so I go that job. I am driving a 2011 Chevy Colorado. It is so nice, I love it!It is bigger than I am used to, but I will get used to it!

To get up here you drive an hour north of Redding on I-5.  It leads right through Dunsmir, Mt. Shast and Weed.  I will get used to driving eventually, but for now I always feel lost.  I don't know where anything is.  Shasta lake and Mount Shasta are both beautiful, and I look forward to spending time in this beautiful area.

The church building here was dedicated by Howard. W. Hunter and is built to withstand up to 20 ft of snow!!

The work here is pretty slow, but Elder Brown and I are going to work really hard anyway and find people to teach!  Elder Brown has a cold today so we are trying to get him healthy.

I love all your gutz a bunch!

Love Elder Ellsworth

No comments: