Monday, November 14, 2011

Hello from Sunny Loma Rica!

Well good ole Loma Rica is probably not as exciting as Florida is Mom, and Dad, but it is still pretty exciting! We have had a little bit of a frustrating week lately, but we are excited and pumped after our weekly planning on Sunday night. So as you know we live with members, Brother and Sister Littlefield, but you might not have known that Brother Littlefield is our Ward Mission Leader, and also that they have both been out of town for the past month! So we had the place to ourselves for pretty much the entire time I have been here. I met them right before they left. Well this week they got back, and we have not been getting along the best!! They are so awesome and nice people but they can be a little bit overbearing. But Elder Whitney and I have committed that we are going to be the best missionaries they have ever had live in their attic! Our apartment is going to be squeaky clean, and we are never going to be home from now on, because we will be too busy serving the Lord.
I must admit that driving down the Florida keys seems pretty awesome, something that I might have to put on my Bucket List! The mission is going awesome! I am sad to say that Elder Sommer will be kicking his own Bucket next Tuesday, so hopefully his mission bucket list has been fulfilled! I really love that kid, and I wish him the best.
Kyle is doing really well, and we are looking forward to his baptism coming up on Saturday, and best of all, he is really excited, and he apparently invited a bunch of his family to come and see his baptism. I think that my Email this week is really random so I apologize! but also this past week or maybe more my left ear has been deaf! I can't hardly hear a thing, It's my own fault though. I had an itch in my ear for like 3 days until I caved and gave it a good scratch! Since then I can't hear really well! This is such an exciting time in my life! I have so many opportunities out here, and I am really excited to continue my learning process. I love my time serving the Lord.
This past week, I took a little bit of time and thought back on my time on the Mission. I still remember like it was yesterday my first day in the field. It really feels like yesterday that I was super nervous to meet Elder McAllister, and then Elder Brown. Who by the way is going home in like 7 weeks himself. The time has truly flown as I have served in my mission.
Well I am out of things to say. I am ready, and excited about this upcoming week, we are going to "do work"! Well I love all your gutz with all of my heart!
Sincerely
Elder Ellsworth

No comments: