Monday, December 19, 2011

Santa Claus is coming town.....

Dear Family and Friends,
It never ceases to amaze me how fast time flies, especially when you are working hard! It is crazy how much I have loved my time in this service. I am trying my hardest to be the very best that I can. I feel more and more blessed every time I give something up as submit my will to my Father in Heavens. One thing that our mission has been focusing on is having "Perfect Mornings". I have really struggled with this on my mission. A perfect morning consists of waking up at 6:30, working out, starting our studies by 8, and having companionship study by 9. Now it might sound easy but it is very hard. This week that has been my focus and I have felt so blessed for it. Even this simple little sacrifice is enriching my mission experience.

It has been an incredible week as I have strived to work hard. We have found many successes this week, and even found some new people that we are hoping to start teaching on a regular basis soon. The Lord has blessed us so much. I am so grateful for all of the blessings that we receive. I think that this is one of the beauties of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This Gospel is hard, it is not easy to be a member of this Church. Our Heavenly Father asks a lot of us. But for everything that we have to give up he blesses us ten fold. I love the quote from Elder Eyring's talk "We can't give so much as a crust to the Lord, without receiving a loaf in return." Now the blessings we receive should not be our motivation, but it is so nice to be blessed for our obedience. It is funny because as missionaries we have a lot of rules that we are asked to obey. We are very blessed when we obey, and we don't receive the blessings we could have when we choose not to be obedient. Now by obedience we are not promised to have a care free two years. Or Even to have many baptisms, but the Lord blesses us in our work, even when it doesn't seem like we are doing very much or making a difference.


I am so grateful for my strengthened testimony of obedience. It blesses me in every aspect of my life. Even though I am going through a rough time right now on my mission, I can take pride as I know that I am doing my very best to obey the laws of God. But even just in this week, as I have dedicated myself just a little bit more, I have found more happiness, and even a lot more success, and most of all a good feeling that I have done the will of my Father in Heaven. I know that the Lord is always mindful of each of us, and will support us and make our burden seem light, when we give him our effort. When we give him our heart. I am grateful for all the many blessing I have received in my life, and grateful for the Atonement of my Savior Jesus Christ. Because of his sacrifice, I can overcome any trial, and temptation, and any transgression as I rely on his mercy. I love you all, and wish you the best in this Christmas Season! Take time to remember our Savior Jesus Christ!
With Love
Elder Ellsworth

No comments: