Monday, December 12, 2011

Things are starting to look up....

After two weeks of not enjoying myself, well not as much as I have been in the past, this week was actually pretty good. We didn't get very many lessons, but we worked hard and did a whole bunch of service. I have honestly been struggling with my new companion Elder Lee, but after this past week, I think that things are starting to improve their as well. We had this week a Companionship Inventory, where you talk about concerns, struggles, things that annoy you, or whatever else, so we had a good one this week. I learned a lot about my comp! I told him about my concerns of, the music that he listens too, what time he wakes up at, and about our companionship studies. And now he hasn't committed to live the rules necessarily
He won't wake up on time but he is willing to work on our studies as a companionship. So things are going to improve for sure.

Also this week, I had my first opportunity in my year out here to attend the temple. This Tuesday the Ellyson's (wicked awesome family) Loaded us up and took us farther south than I have been in many moons!!! It was a lot of fun, and I really felt the spirit strongly as I was able to renew my personal covenants. It was a big strength for me, it lifted me up, I guess that is the whole purpose of the temple. I have resolved to be the best that I can, regardless of what others want to do.


Also I had another cool experience this week. I was struggling, and very frustrating so before our District meeting on Tuesday, I asked Elder Paramore, my district leader for a blessing. It is actually the first blessing I have had, since the day I entered the MTC when Dad gave me a fathers blessing. What a good experience that was. I guess the Lord is truly blessing me this week with Strength to overcome my challenges.


Also President Weston came to Stake Conference in Yuba this week, and he spoke! That was another awesome experience for me! I love it when he talks. He is an amazing man!
Well once again my letter is short, but I want you to know I am doing good. I still have frustrations, but I know the Lord will support me! I love you'alls gutz!
Elder Ellsworth
LOMARICA

No comments: