Friday, December 12, 2008

1 month in the field!

Today is my three month mark! Tomorrow is my one month mark in the field. Time seems to be flying by, I was glad to have received that call rather than be finding out by email. President Bahr was really comforting and friendly. I hope everything is alright with Grandpa, I hope he hasn't taken it too hard.


I've been doing well here, I'm still working hard. Sorry this week's email is going to be short, my hands are a little sore, I wrote a long email to Nick. I've been doing well, this last week we got 11 hours of knocking in. The whole time we only got into 2 doors, it was a little discouraging, but we did find two people who we think were ready to hear the gospel. This week wasn't one of our best number-wise, but we have been making some good success.

Oh, I also want to tell you a neat experience. This week we picked up Wilmur as an investigator. Elder Barker and Elder Wilcox had dropped him before, and we just started teaching him again. He's read the entire Book of Mormon once before, and he has a really intense desire to learn, but we need to help him gain a testimony. We have a few speed bumps to get over, but I hope he'll be baptized soon.
We actually will be having a baptismal service this week. The English Elders have an investigator being baptized this week! It'll be pretty neat.

Well, I better go, love you all.
Isaac

No comments: