Wednesday, January 14, 2009

What, me tired of winter?

Yes, I am pretty sick of winter. It is cold here all the time, and the almost weekly snow storms are slightly annoying, church was canceled this week, so it hasn't really felt like a normal week.
Other than that I'm doing pretty well. We've been seeing some pretty good success here. Last night we had two members with us. Brother R. came out with us, like always, and we also had Marco D. who came out with us.
Marco is really awesome. He is 23, and we've been working with him and his father to try and reactivate them. Last night Marco said he wants to go on a mission! it was awesome.
We also had our weekly meeting with Frank Peña, it went really well. Sister P. wasn't there this time, but talked to us on the phone beforehand and asked us not to push baptism. She said that he's doing really well and doing eveything he should, he goes to church, he reads the book of Mormon, and she's worried that if we push him he may get really resistent and stop coming to church. We taught him a lesson about faith, based on his homework on Alma 32, and it was really good. Marco shared a really good testimony about that chapter, and it was neat. Frank will be baptized, I know it, but we need to give him time, and he needs to make the decision for himself.
Things have been going well here, and we've been working really hard, my companion and I have had some rough times though, he got Dear John'd about a week or so ago, and really hasn't been 100% there for a while, but he's doing really well now, and we have been having some awesome lessons and spiritual experiences. We are actually giong to start teaching English classes here as a service. It will be really neat experience for me. I've been learning a lot, and Elder Kemp says that even since we've been companions my Spanish has improved a lot. It's really been neat.
I received the package from Grandma and Grandpa, and also one from Uncle John and Aunt Suzanne. I need to write them letters today. Oh also, I sent home a Card for dad the other day. I'm terrible I know, but I don't know the date of dad's birthday, but I sent him a card, and it'll be early, (I think it's the 25th right?) I ran into Elder Secrist the other day, it was really neat to see him. He is in Union city walking right now, and he is doing well.
Love you all, and I miss you.
Elder Isaac

No comments: