Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Wow.....

It's hard to believe that we are already in week 5 of this transfer, it's going by so fast! I've been doing well here, and am really enjoying this area, I really hope that I don't get transferred, as transfers are coming up soon... Transfer conference is just a week from this upcoming Monday. I hope I won't get transferred, they usually leave you in your "birth area" for three transfers, so I'm hoping to stay one more. Elder Grisson, one of the English Elders is probably going to leave though. He has been here for 4 transfers, that's almost 6 months. This was his "birth area" too, and he's nervous about where he's going, he's never worked outside of this area, even on exchanges. It's hard to believe how long I've been away. By the end of next transfer it will have been 6 months! These last few weeks have been tough, though, Elder Kemp was really distracted for a little while, because of his Girlfriend, but she wrote him a letter and apologized, so he's back to normal. This last week has been pretty cool, except that almost no hispanics came to church this Sunday because of the snow. It was a pretty down-heartening week. Only the familia Peña and Sister Montero were there from the Spanish side of the ward, and we've been working hard to try reactivate a lot of the lost members here.
Yesterday we had a really good lesson with Frank, we read the talk "Eternal Marriage" from the last Conference with him, and gave him a copy of "Proclamation to the World" in Spanish. It was a really good lesson, but again Sister Peña wasn't home, and we also didn't have Brother Romero with us. because he doesn't get home from work until like 6:00. We've also decided that Brother Romero must be one of the Three Nephites, it is not conceivable to have a member this awesome. He comes out with us practically every day, but he hasn't the past couple days just 'cause he's been pretty busy at work. I'm glad everything's going well at home, that is awesome that you're studying Preach My Gospel, it is an awesome manual. Here in the mission we eat breathe, love, live, drink and dream about Preach My Gospel. Everything we do in the mission field is based around being a Preach My Gospel missionary.
I love you all and miss you, and hope everything is going well for you. Love, Elder Isaac

No comments: