Thursday, June 25, 2009

Pictures!!!


So, I have a lot of pictures, and I can only send, like 3 at a time in the email, so you will be getting weekly pictures for a while, having a digital camera now, I have been taking a lot of pictures.
The first picture is the New York Skyline as seen from my area.

The second pictures is myself, Elder Barker (my trainer) and of Elder De La Cruz, who Elder Barker is training this transfer. In missionary lingo Elder Barker is my "Pops" and Elder De La Cruz is my "Brother", so, there you go.

The third picture is of of my temple trip 2 or 3 weeks ago. From left to right is: Elder Alldresge, Elder Boyer, Myself (obviously), Elder Halvorsen, and Elder Duncan. This is not the most flattering picture of me, but it's the only one I have of us in Times Square.

Next week I will send a picture from the baptism we had on Sunday. This Sunday we have another baptism, hopefully. A lady named Isabel, she is really excited and really wants to be baptized, but her husband wont let her. We are really hoping and praying that the Lord will soften his heart.

The work here is going awesomely, (English?) we are doing really well. It has been kind of difficult just because we have such a large area. Yesterday we had kind of a neat experience. We had accidentally double booked, and set two different appointments on complete opposite sides of the area both at seven o'clock. We had planned, and had called two of the youth, and they agreed to go on splits with us so that we could go to both appointments, but they both canceled on us. We were with Brian Martinez at the time, he had just gone to three appointments with us in a row, and he agreed to go to one appointment, but we still didn't have anyone to go with us to the other, right then, Brother Pareira drove by, and we talked with him, and asked him if he could help us out, he said he would, so I went with him to one appointment, and Elder Ward and Brian went to another appointment. The night before we had just been praying, Lord, we need to find someone to come out with us, please help us, and lo and behold, we had a miracle and were able to go to both appointments. It was really neat. I love you all and hope for the best.

Thanks dad for sending those pictures. I miss you all, and hope you have/had a fun time at New Fork, I have so many good memories of that place.
Love you, Elder Isaac Ellsworth.

No comments: