Wednesday, August 19, 2009

And the work goes on................

This week has been amazing. On Saturday we had our "Noche de Talentos" activity, it was amazingly successful. The members had a lot of fun, and we had a couple of our investigators come. At church this week we still had only one investigator at church, we still are struggling getting our investigators to come to church. I'm still really sad about the Cruz family, they are just completely not progressing right now, they are a wonderful family, but they simply wont come to church. Yesterday we set a new baptismal date. Alex is the son of a less active member, and he has been coming to church for about 2 months. He told us that he wants to turn his life around, that he wants to do better. Yesterday we were finally able to go over to his house and teach him a lesson, and we set him with a baptismal date for the 27th of September. I think that this is the first time on my mission that I have set a baptismal date on the first appointment, I've set a date on the second appt. before but never on the first.

Here in Union City things continue to go great, our investigator that has a date for the 30th of August got back on Saturday from Cuba, and we have an appointment to go back over Tomorrow, hopefully everything is still great for her to get baptized, when she left she was really excited for her baptism.

I'm glad that everything is going well back home, I can't believe school is starting already. This summer has just flown by. I'm also glad to know everything went well with the move. I will call the office today and give them the new information. I got an email from Emily today, she said that she is nervous about going to Timpanogos. I think that High school will be a good experience for her. I still can't believe how old she is getting!

Things are still going well here in New Jersey, I haven't got the package yet, but hopefully I will get it today. I had a really good Birthday, my companion and my roommates made me a cake and sang "Happy Birthday" to me. My trainer, Elder Barker, and Elder Kemp called, they are working in the same ward, and they sang "Happy Birthday" to me as well. We had a great appointment with Gabriel as well. I am really excited for Gabriel, we are trying to help him to live the word of wisdom, it's not easy, he usually drinks on Saturdays. However, this last Saturday he came to the talent show, and he didn't drink at all this week! When we went by yesterday and talked to him he said "If I have something to do I have no reason to drink." or something to that effect. Next Saturday we have something planned as well so that he won't drink. This week we hope to be able to set him with a baptismal date, right now they have a date to get married, but we need to set him with a date to be baptized, hopefully the day after.

I love you guys so much and miss you. I hope that you have a wonderful week. Em and Ian, good luck going back to school, and Nick, good luck at SUU. That is a great school, I remember when I went to that dinner/tour thing when I was looking at colleges. You'll do great.

Love,
Elder Isaac Ellsworth

No comments: