Monday, October 5, 2009

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!

Dear Family,
This week has been pretty good, it' been a little tough, I've been having pretty bad headaches from the fact I need new glasses, so it's been a little tough, I also have no idea how the whole medical world works, so it's slow going trying to figure out haw to get new glasses, so...
But other than that life is going good here in New Jersey. Next week on Monday the Library will be closed, so the next Email will be on Tuesday. I wanted to wish you a happy Canadian Thanksgiving, I was hoping to be able to say it on Canadian Thanksgiving, but the library will be close for "Columbus Day"...
Also, This Saturday will be 13 months! wow, lucky number 13 right?
This upcoming Saturday we will also receive the transfer fax, so that means in the next email I will know whether or not I am leaving Union City, I hope not, but we will see. This tranfer has been tough with the threesome thing, but we have seen blessing and a lot of success, 2 baptisms this transfer, the baptism of Leidy and also of Pepe, speaking of Pepe, I again forgot to bring the stuff, so I will send a pic next week.
Um, in other news, the conference was amazing. I always love hearing from the Apostles and Prophets. I watched 3 and a half of the sessions in Spanish, and I understood quite a bit. It was also awesome to see two of our investigators and all of our recent converts make ot to see at least one of the sessions. I think at home, being able to watch it from our living room makes us too casual about conference, Wathcing all the sessions in the church really allowed to feel the spirit more powerfully and to pay attention more... It was really a good experience. I also learned something very interesting, Richard G Scott, and Neil L Anderson as weel as Elder Cristofferson all speak spanish. When they gave their talks, rather than having a translator, they had pre-recorded their talks in Spanish, and when they gave the talk it was their own voice in spanish, it was really interesting. I never would have known that in English. I watched the last session and half of the priesthood session in English, but the rest were in Spanish, and I understood a lot of what was said.
Well, I got to get going, and wrap up this email. The time on the computer is about to end, but I can log back on in a second, I need some help still figuring out this whole glasses thing. So, I will be back on.
Love,
Elder Isaac Ellsworth

No comments: