Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Wake me up when September ends....

Today is September 28, which is 2 days before the end of September, which is only 2 weeks left in the transfer. I can't believe as well that it is almost October! I'm not too excited for October, though, because that means Transfers are coming up and Halloween, which we will not be allowed to go out on Halloween, or the day before, so two days of boredom in the house, but that's not for a month, so..
Transfers this time will be on October 16th, so about 18 days away. This transfer will be different, because of a conference in Utah that President Bahr has to go to the transfer conference will not take place until Friday instead of the normal Wednesday, so the transfer is basically 7 weeks, and the next one is a little but shortened. It'll be good though, I hope I stay, I don't know why I am worrying about it already, it's not until almost 3 weeks away, so...

This last week has been pretty good. On Saturday we had another baptism. His name is Pepe, he is from Peru. Unfortunately I can't send the picture today, but next week I will send you the picture. Yesterday Elder Gamez Confirmed him, he was pretty nervous about it. Yesterday I also was asked to ordain someone to the Melchizedek Priesthood. His name is Norbert. He is a guy in our ward who is starting to get ready to go on a mission. He comes out with us whenever his schedule allows, he and I have become pretty good friends. Today while I'm here at the Library I need to prepare and print out his line of authority for him. I'm so glad I had that.
Next week I'll also send a picture of him.

This week has been amazing. Of course, any week with a baptism is amazing. We've had quite a lot lately. However, as of right now we don't have any investigators with dates until the 18th of October, and he's not even 100% sure right now. We still need to work with him.

Yawdy and Gabriel are also doing really well, they had to postpone their wedding until the 7th of November, I really hope I'll be here. If I don't get transferred I will, the next transfer (after this one) will be the day before thanksgiving. (I know, bummer, right?) Hopefully I'll be here one more, if I do get transferred, though, I want to ask for special permission to go to their wedding.

In other news, I'm glad to hear that everyone at home is doing well, though I sad to hear that you guys have been sick. Hopefully everyone gets feeling better soon, right?
Oh, by the way, I think I need new glasses. Well, I definitely need new ones because mine broke, but I mean I think I need to see the eye-doctor. I think that my prescription is slightly different. I've been having difficulty reading, and I've been having some really bad headaches. I have no idea what the process is for that, but I think that the mission doesn't cover eye-care.

Love,
Elder Isaac Ellsworth

No comments: