Tuesday, April 20, 2010

An email of the weekly sort...

This week has been really good. I'm glad to hear that everything and everyone is alright, though it sounds like you've all had quite an adventure this week. I hope everything in the house gets fixed up alright.

This week we had interviews with the mission president. They were good, this time he did it a little different, and we had interviews in our apartment. It was really cool. They came over and did the interviews here. At the interview I got two things finalized and worked out with pres.
1) my departure date is officially and finalized to be August 23rd. It is a Monday. That morning Pres and sister Bahr will pick me up directly from the apartment to take me to the airport. It's still a ways away, I still have 4 months left of the mission. I am excited, and I'm glad to have everything figured out. I'm registered for classes, and I have my departure date figured out, so now I don't have to worry about it, and I can focus on the work for the last bit.

2) I asked President, and he said I could delay my Mother's Day call so I can be on the phone when Nick opens his call. I did some basic math, and my guess is that he'll get his call before the 23rd of May. I looked back in my old journals, and I got my call pretty much exactly 2 weeks after I completed and filled out my papers My guess is that it would come on a Wednesday, because when I got mine it came on Wednesday. We just need to work it out through email what day I'm going to call. President said it still needs to be a Sunday evening, so let me know what you think, if I should do that or just call home on Mothers day and you tell me where he is going via email when he opens his call. I would think that after he gets his papers submitted to expect the misson call to come 2 weeks later, and on that Sunday evening call home, just let me know what you think.

This week has been good. We are getting close to having a baptism. Dolores is progressing a lot, but she is still not wanting to commit to a baptismal date. We went by Yesterday after church. Moises from the Union City ward came with us.

Well, here's what happened. Moises showed up at the chapel yesterday, he was there to have his last interview with President Drussell to finish up his mission papers, so I was talking with him, and I asked him if he would like to come out with us to an appointment, so he did. It was really cool, he has a very strong testimony, he really touched Samuel (Dolores' son). Moises today left to go back to BYU Idaho for another trimester and then he'll leave on his mission right afterward, so I don't know if I'll see him again. I gave him my contact information, I definitely need to keep in touch with him.

Dolores is doing really well though, We tried to commit her yesterday to get baptized on the 1st of May, but she thinks its too soon. She wants to get baptized, and she absolutely loves to church, but she is a little hesitant to do it right now.

This week we have zone conference. It will be really great. Elder Pearson of the first quorum of the seventy will be here on a mission tour. I am really excited. He was supposed to come back in February, but due to a really bad winter storm he had to postpone his trip. I am really excited for the opportunity to learn. I love Zone Conferences, they are always an opportunity to learn and grow, what can I do better.

I am so excited for this area. At interviews president Bahr kind of hinted that this will be my last area. He said that I was here "to gather up a few more sheaves on your way out" I know that we will have some baptisms, and see some success here in the area. We have a lot of investigators that are really cool.

I have been so blessed as I've been here on my mission. I have definitely changed a lot. I feel I'm a more mature, responsible person, and I am a lot happier.
One thing I remember as a kid, and something that always inspired me to serve a mission was something that Dad used to tell me. He used to tell me that a lot of the man he is came from his mission, or something along those lines. The same is definitely true for me. I know that my mission has changed me forever.

I love you guys so much, and I hope that everything goes well. Nick, Em and Ian, good luck in school. Mom and Dad, good luck in work and with the house, I'm glad the damage wasn't worse. I hope that doesn't happen again.

I love you, and miss you. I'm looking forward to calling home, just let me know what you thing about calling home a little later.
Can't wait to hear from you next week.
Love,
Elder Isaac Ellsworth

No comments: