Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Transfers....

Now I am here in Jersey City. Things are going good. My new companion is Elder Larsen. He is from Washington. The area is probably the biggest walking area in the mission. We are doing well, we have some really cool investigators. I am very excited. It is more than likely that I will finish my mission here.

Today I got on and finished up my registration. Melanie got on and registered on Saturday, and today I got on and finished up a few details, so I am set. I am registered for 16 hours next Semester. I am excited. I can't beleive that school is right around the corner.

In other news, things are going well in this area. I haven't had a chance to meet all the investigators yet, Elder Larsen said that they are hard to get a hold of, some of them, and we have a diofficult time getting appointments. The ones that I have met are super awesome, there are a lot of prepared people here.

Of course, it's also tough because this week being General Conference, I didn't get to meet tons of members on Sunday, but from what I am told, the ward here is really big.

Speaking of General Conference, it was amazing. I loved it so much. I hope that everyone enjoyed it. Priesthood session was spectacular. Several of the talks about missionary work made me think about Nick and Ian, how much of a blessing being a missionary has been for me, and how much it will positively effect them as well. As Elder Rasburn spoke about the inspired process of choosing where missionaries should go, I recieved an even stronger testimony of that my mission call was of God, and that New Jersey is where I need to be. I also know in the same way that President Bahr is inspired to choose where we are transferred, and thus, I am where I need to be right now, to bless these people.

Our area is huge. We cover Journal Square, Downtown, and almost touching the Heights of Jersey City. If you want that to make sense, maybe you can look up a map of Jersey City, but anyways... it is a big area. We recently bought buss passes so we can make our work a little easier. I am excited, things are looking up here in the area.

President Bahr promised us that with faith and prayer every single missionary will get a baptism this month. I am excited. I am not sure who yet, but we will get a baptism in April. It'll be amazing. Elder Larsen tells me we have a lot of really awesome people, but we just need to get appointments and get members out with us.

I love you all so much, and I hope that things go well in Italy. Thank you for helping me out with everything, all the support. Thanks also for the cookies. They were delicious.
I love you and miss you tons!
Love,
Elder Isaac Ellsworth

No comments: