Monday, May 17, 2010

May 17th




Things are going well. Yesterday Dolores got confirmed. It went well, Elder Larsen performed the ordinance. Unfortunately none of her family we able to come. She is really excited, and she is doing awesome. On Tuesday she is hosting a family home evening at her house, and she invited everyone that went to the one a few weeks ago at another members house. We are really excited for her, she needs to get a calling soon.
Last week I had forgotten my camera and stuff, so this week I am including pictures from her baptism.

The first one is with all the family. I don't know the lady and little girl on the left, but then comes Joseph, Samuel(Dolores' son), Dolores, Myself, and then Joe (Dolores' other son and Joseph's father).

The second pic is just Elder Larsen and myself with Dolores.

We currently have two baptismal dates. We have one set for the 6th of June, his name is Brian. He is 9 years old. Both his parents are members. We are trying to get his father prepared to recieve the Aaronic Priesthood to baptize his son on that date. We have an appointment tonight we are looking forward to. We are going to talk about family prayer, family scripture study and family home evening as ways to strengthen their family.

Our other baptismal date is Cesar, on the 13th of June. He is an older Dominican man who used to be a pretty ligit musician, but now he can't play anymore because he had a stroke. Things are going well, he has been progressing, on Thursday we are going to take him on a tour of the church.

We are also hoping to set Joseph (Dolores' grandson) with a baptismal date soon. We committed him to pray and ask God if he should be baptized on the 13th or the 20th of June. Things are going well here. I am really excited for what is coming up.

I hope Nick gets his papers submitted soon. Hopefully he can see the stake president soon. I try not to think about it, but I am excited to talk to you all, I hope sooner rather than later. Hopefully he gets his call within the month.

Hopefully everyone does well in school. Good luck with the end of the year. I, personally am looking forward to summer. Last summer was amazing, up in Union City, and now I'm not too far away. I know we are going to see a lot of success these last few months.

Last night as I was up late sleepless I was reading through my old journal entries. It was really interesting to me reading about these old things. Some of them seem like it was so long ago, but others feel like it was only yesterday. Time flies by so fast.

I hope that everyone is doing well. I miss you all a ton, and love you all. Good luck!
Love,
Elder Isaac Ellsworth

No comments: