Monday, June 14, 2010

Dia de los Padres + fotos



I'm also really excited to talk to everyone on Father's Day. I think it's really ironic how that worked out. I hope everything goes well with Nick's papers. I'm also really excited to hear that he is getting his Patriarchal blessing. It has really been a big blessing for me in my life!
This week has been good. We've been working hard to try and find new investigators, that is our biggest struggle right now. We've also been working with Joseph, and he is doing well. He is currently set for the 11th of July, but we are trying to move him back to the end of this month.

Brian got confirmed yesterday. This week we had to go over and explain that his step-dad could not perform the confirmation, and so Elder Larsen did it. It went really well. They are a great family.

The first Picture is from Brian's baptism. Myself, Elder Larsen Brian, and his parents. Brian was excited to get baptized, and the service went really well.

The second Picture is of Juan Hiraldo and Margie, his daughter. Margie went back to the DR this week, she flew home on Saturday. She was such a big help as we taught Juan about the gospel, she has been a huge help. He has been progressing really well. He's been getting a lot of support from the ward. The hardet part is that he is partly deaf, so he can't hear well in class, etc.

This last week went well. On saturday we went to Bayonne to a barbeque that Elder Wray and Elder Rosas' recent convert was doing. Dolores and Joseph were there. Also there were a lot of the youth from our ward. It was good to see that Joseph has been making good friends with the youth.

This week we found this really cool guy named Deryl. He is from Peru. We were ringing the buzzers of a building to try and get in to talk to people. He let us in and we talked in his hallway for about 10 to 15 minutes, He is really interested, we are going back today.

Thank you so much for helping me out with everything. Also, I don't know if I mentioned it, but I am out of medication. Please send me some more. This'll be the last refill I'll need.
I can't believe how fast time has been flying. I can't quite wrap my head around the fact that I am going home in about 10 weeks. My companion, other missionaries and even members keep teasing me about that.

Transfers are coming up next Tuesday. However, things'll get interesting because the Cherry Hill mission is combining with us on the 1st of July. So there will be transfers this next week, and then tranfers on the first of July.

This week we have all mission conference on Thursday. It'll be really cool. This week'll be crazy, though. We have the temple trip potentially on Wednesday, the conference on Thursday, and then Weekly planning and deep clean on Friday. It'll be intense.

I love you all so much, I can't wait to talk to you in a week.
Love,
Elder Isaac Ellsworth

No comments: