Monday, October 17, 2011

Holla from your son in Yuba City!!

Hello from Loma Rica!!! Well technically I am emailing over here in Yuba City, but still I am hollering from Loma Rica. So not to be redundant or anything, but I am here in the Yuba City library emailing you guys, but I am serving in the Loma Rica Ward. Does that make sense?

Well my first week in Loma Rica was awesome! It is pretty much nutz that I am serving with Elder Kevin Whitney from New Fork!! It is pretty awesome to say the very least. So as we have been talking to each other, we have discovered more about our relationship at Camp New Fork. We were roommates for about half of that summer. We both stayed on the two bottom bunks in the Cardboard Cabin, and I like him a lot. I got sick of our other two roommates, because they thought that our cabin was possesed by demons or something crazy! ha ha Still what are the odds, that five years after we lived together we would be serving together out here in Roseville Cali! We get along great, I think that it is the best I get along with a comp since Elder McAllister like 6 months ago!!

But I am not too sure of this area yet. I have such a love for the area, and for the people that live up in Mount Shasta, I know that as a I serve diligently, and pray earnestly I will grow to love these people as well.

My area is as country as it gets. As a matter of fact, it makes Cottonwood, and Mount Shasta look like bustling metropolises. But the funny thing is, the ward over here is bigger than any of the other two I have served in.

Plus the work is going really good as well, we have a couple of solid investigators, and we even have two Baptisimal dates! It is pretty sweet time to be serving here! It is a big adjustment though. I don't think that after serving here, I will ever forget the smell of marijuana! You drive down the road, and you just smell a nasty scent in your nostrils, a little bit like skunk, every five to ten minutes or so. It is not skunk, it is the pot industry going strong out in the countryside of California. It helps me sleep well at night to think that the welfare system is helping people to grow this lucrative crop! haha

Our apartment out here is pretty nice as well, there are only a couple of problems... there are spiders everywhere, we live above members so we have to be very quiet, and the members we live above their grand daughter lives next door to us, and she is gorgeous!!! It is pretty sweet too, because we are teaching her friend, and they are both like 19! haha

It actually freaked me out a little bit the first time we went over there to teach. It was weird for me because I have never really taught lessons to people my age, let alone girls, that are very pretty. But I will endure ;)

Well other than that I don't have a whole ton to say. The work is sweet, we do a whole bunch of service, which I love! Also I have been able to be more obedient, and hard working since I have been with Elder Whitney. He encourages me to be better, rather than a few companions that have encouraged me to be worse... It is a little funny to me, because I didn't really realize that I was becoming relaxed with the rules, until I had an obedient companion, who is strictly obedient. It is a good thing, and it will help me to improve personally.

Well love all y'alls' gutz
Elder Ellsworth
Loma Rica!, but again I am emailing from here in Yuba

No comments: