Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Hello from Antelope Zone!

Dear Family and Friends,
Well things are a whole lot different here in Antelope. For the first time on my whole mission their are sidewalks everywhere! It is pretty strange for me because I have served in a world of slim to none amounts of sidewalks! It is pretty sweet, our area is actually really tiny as well, which is also wierd. I wish that I was on a bike because it is so small, but we are in a car a Chevy Malibu to be exact. Which is at the bottom of the totem pole! They are definitley the worst cars in the mission. Their turning radius stinketh, but luckily I am not driving right now so it is all good. Also for the first time in a while I am the Junior Companion. It is pretty nice to have a little bit of the responsibility off of my shoulders. I am very grateful for Elder Grover as well. He has really helped me out since I have been here. He has been out for 21 months, so I will be killing him off probably. He is from Mississippi (miss-sip) just for clarification. He is really wise, and hardworking. For the first time in a while I have an amazing companion. We both have strong desires to work hard and to be obedient. Which is a good thing because we are covering two wards down here in Antelope. We cover the Citrus Heights 4th ward which is our family ward, and we cover the Antelope Singles ward. We have a decent amount of work but it will be excited to bring these areas some miracles. We have a lot of work to do. We want to be good examples, so we are going to try really hard to meet the Mission Standards. Which last week we were not very close at all to getting there. But this week we have a lot of Potential, and we should be able to meet our goals. It is also going to be a lot of work trying to coordinate with both of the wards, and Ward Councils. But it is a challenge that we are excited to take on! I really Love Elder Grover, which by the way is my second childhood character (Clifford, and Grover). He is a way good guy. Quite and not outspoken, but he really teaches with the Spirit. I am way excited too because we have been tracting like every day this week in our home ward. That is a whole bunch of fun! We haven't found much success. We have however given away a handful of Copies of the Book of Mormon. It is a lot of work, but it is way fun.
Life is treating me well here in Antelope. Also conference was amazing, very insightful and I learned so much. I also set a ton of goals, because I fall short in so many ways, of who I am supposed to become. But I am really striving to be the very best I can for the rest of my mission. I hopefully going to continue to improve and finish better than I started off. Also quick note before I finish up. Our new house is huge. They rented it because they needed a place that was big for all of the missionaries going home, and also for the new ones that are coming out to stay over night. So the new place has like 17 mattresses in it. Which is really really distracting for me because they are fun to jump on... but this week I will repent and play no more! Well I love y'all, and hope to hear from you next week. Keep getting food storage it is necesary!
With Love
Elder Nicholas Ellsworth


Mom's note: What Nick didn't tell us is that he is now a Zone Leader. Luke called the mission office to get his address and the Senior Elder who answered the phone let it slip.

No comments: