Monday, September 24, 2012

I am really running out of clever comments to put as the Subject...


To the Fam,

Well I have a great love for Elder Ashby.  He is a great guy and I have really appreciated him.  He is very teachable and willing to learn.  I think that he truly just wants to be a good missionary.  I hope that we can continue to see the great success that we currently are being blessed with—things are just going amazing in our area.  This week was filled with miracles as well.  Going into the week we had three young families that we were hoping to be able to start teaching.  And lone and behold we were able to pick one of them up and have a pair of lessons this week.  Their names are Jaime and Stephanie.  So Jaime is Columbian and Stephanie is American.  Together they have two beautiful young girls and Stephanie's niece lives with them also.  We had spoken with them a few times before and this week we had a lesson set up with them on Wednesday evening.  But I kind of figured it would just be blown off by them.  I didn't have a whole lot of faith as we were biking over there.  I honestly almost just decided not to go, but thought that we should give them a chance.  When we knocked on the door, Jaime invited us right in and we sat down for a lesson.  It went well and we were invited back for another lesson on Sunday.  So yesterday we had a member with us named Ryan who was amazing.  We taught the Restoration, but it didn't go as well as I would have hoped.  Ryan really picked up the slack for us and it was great.  At the end we invited them to prepare to be baptized and they accepted a date for the 3rd of November to prepare for.  It should be great to teach them.  We also still have two young families that we are hoping to teach starting this week, and I will let you know how it goes.

Unfortunately Ken who I told you about last week isn't meeting with us for the time being.  He got really overwhelmed when we tried to help him quit smoking and he doesn't really want to meet.  I feel bad but I don't know that I would do anything differently if I could go back.  He has his agency.  He is a nice guy and his son who is a member spoke with us and we asked Ken's son to speak with Ken and ask him to continue to meet with us.  I think Ken will when he is ready next time we will take things slow.  Randy is also doing really well.  We have had to push his baptism date back two weeks because he wasn't attending church as much as he should have but he is still looking forward to that day on October 12th.  We will continue to work with him and help him prepare for that day.  The children Derek and Grace are also doing well.  Grace wasn't at church—but that is okay—we will keep encouraging her.  She really does want to come unto Christ through baptism so there shouldn't be any problems with the 20th.  Derek will probably be baptized on the 20th as well.  So we will be very blessed in the month of October. 

Well things are good.  I find that going through the 12-week training program with Elder Ashby is turning out to be hard.  It is really impossible to not know how much time I have left when I am going through a program that keeps track of weeks!  So I am trying hard not to focus on how much time I have left out here.  But honestly, it is pretty hard a lot of the time.  I am not trunky, but I do think about it daily.  Finally in other news we found out this week that we will be moving in the next two weeks to a nicer place, but without the Zone Leaders.  It should be good though, and I am not worried about it.  It is a big distraction to be living with other Elders that is for sure.

Well I love you guys bunches,
 Elder Ellsworth

No comments: