Monday, October 22, 2012

I'm getting transferred....

Dear Family and Friends,
Just kidding I am not getting transferred.  I found out last night that I will not be transffered but I will finish off my last six weeks here in the Tempo Park Ward with Elder Ashby.  I am super glad about that, so I am looking forward to having an amazing six weeks with him.  He is such a great kid, and a very good example to me.  I really like it when he encourages me to do something or he just quietly sets a good example, his actions speak louder than his words do.  I have enjoyed being with him, and this next transfer we are going to pound it.  Life is good, and our area is still doing really good.  With our two baptisms this week, we were worried that we were going to run out of things to do, because we are baptizing all of our Investigators, but the Lord is providing and yesterday afternoon one of our Formers who dropped us a few weeks back called us up and said he really wanted to get baptized, and have the Spirit in his life, so we are giving Ken a blessing tonight at the Church!  It should be sweet.
Our two baptisms on Saturday went great.  It was not by any means a seamless day, but we had a good one nevertheless.  We were thrilled to see first, Grace baptized at 11 then the Derek and Lynn be baptized at 12.  Both had great turnouts, and both were very Spirit filled events.  I hope that everyone there felt as good as I did.  Derek and Lynn are being just great examples to their parents, especially their mother.  Hilary works at Winco and they are working her to death.  This week Hilary to the great joy of everyone around her decided she was going to quit working there.  She said she has been feeling prompted to do so for weeks now, and was scared to follow it, but she is quiting very soon.  She will be blessed as she follows what the Lord is prompting her to do. 
We are also starting to teach and hoping to start teaching a family of Phillipino's.  They immigrated just 3 weeks ago and are very poor.  The husband joined the Church in High School, and hasn't been in quite a while.  The wife is not a member, we are hoping to be able to start teaching her.  There is also a friend who lives with them here.  Her name is Gurti.  Marcelo and Gurti, and Marcelo's daughter all came to Church on Sunday.  We gave Gurti a book of Mormon and she really enjoyed our church.  I will let you know how things progress there.  The wife work's a lot, so that is why we have not met her.
Finally I want to share with you about our experiences this week with Steve and Chantelle.  So they want to get baptized.  They want to come unto Christ in that regard.  But they are not married, and this week we addressed it with them.  We asked about what their plans were about getting married.  Originally, earlier this year, they were planning on getting married on the 20th of November because it was there anniversary of being together for 5 years.  But for tax reasons they pushed it back to Valentines day.  We encouraged them to consider the blessing that it would be for their family to be married and baptized, and asked them to talk, and pray about what they should do.  We are hoping that they will tell us they want to be married soon!  They are an amazing young family.
Life is good, and I am loving it
Elder Ellsworth

No comments: