Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Almost there.....

Elder Cauffman and I are counting down the days until April. We are cutting it very close on miles this month, we have 39 or so miles for the rest of the month, so we are trying to walk as much as we can. We are most likely going to go over this month. Yesterday we walked almost the whole day. We drove to sister Feeley's and back, and that was about it. We walked all over Hackensack, we stayed here around the apartment. We are also both broke for MSF money, and so once April comes we will have money again. Once next month comes we'll be able to use the car more. Hopefully next month we won't be so pushed for miles like we are this month. The area is big, but what was killing our miles more that anything was driving to west new york to play soccer almost every morning. We'll probably only play 2 or 3 times a week now.
things are going well for me here in Englewood. We have a lot of work to do now, though. With now there being only 2 elders in the area instead of 4 we have a lot to do. Also, it's been a little hard on me because Elder Cauffman is an English missionary, and all of our investigators are Spanish, I've been doing the lessons mostly myself. It's been rough, but we have a lot of great members here that are willing to help.
On Monday we had an appointment with a lady named Nubia, who was a media referral for a Lamb of God DVD. We asked brother Mata to come with us, he's from Panama. The appointment went really well.
We got to know a lot about Nubia and her husband, they said that they were born into the Catholic faith, but they had been searching for a church because they did not believe that the Catholic church was correct. They said they currently belonged to a Evangelical church, which they said was "better" than the Catholic church for them. But, they said, they were still searching. We had a wonderful visit, and they comitted to read the Book of Mormon, they are staring at the beginning, and they also said they would come to church not this Sunday, but the next week. Brother Mata did most of the talking, but I was perfectly fine with that, my Spanish still isn't that good. Oh, as for Elder Wells, I don't know him. I don't think I've met him. we looked at his blog, and Elder Cauffman doesn't recognize him either. But I'll keep an eye out. Short hills, where he is now, is on the other side of the mission from us, though. Well, I hope that you are doing well. I'm sorry to hear that Dad had an accident. I hope that you're doing alright. That sound like it hurt. I hope that you are doing better now, though. That would be really cool if Uncle Cliff got that job in Green River. I have some really good memories of when we lived in Rock Springs.
Emily has indeed mentioned the puppy, at least twice I think, in every email she sends me. She is really excited I can tell. 24 days left, she said.
Well, I better let you go. I love hearing how things are going from home. I've been doing well here, and I am loving the work. I miss you all a lot, Love,
Elder Isaac

Liz's note: The accident that Isaac mentions happened on Friday. Luke was commuting to work on his bike. On his way home his bike seat came off when a bolt snapped. Luke was pretty battered and bruised but is healing well. We feel pretty lucky because he was going about 15 miles per hour when he went flying off his bike backwards.

1 comment:

susan g said...

Hey no posts for a month? What's up?