Thursday, March 5, 2009

Pictures at last.



I finally developed my film, and this time I got a picture CD so I could email some pictures to you.
There is a picture is of Jocelyn, Brother Romero and I that different Jocylen, which is also pronounced differently,, took with my camera. It's not 100% in focus, and they got me with my eyes closed, but it's the only picture I had of Brother Romero. This is the guy that we believe is one of the three Nephites. He's really an awesome member, I miss him a lot!
The other picture is of my last companion Elder Kemp. In the background of that picture you can kind of see Elder Kemp's new companion, who Elder Kemp is training up in Rockland, I don't remember his name.
My new area is: Englewood, Cliffside park, Teaneck, Bogota, Edgewater, Fort Lee, etc, completely, and the rest of the area, Hackensack, etc, is the English Elders area, and if we find people there in Spanish we teach them, so actually, while I live in Hackensack, I actually don't work in Hackensack pretty much at all. The area is actually "called" Englewood Spanish, because we work in the Englewood Ward, mostly in Spanish.

I really don't use my camera a whole lot because it is really inconvenient. One of these days I want to take it down to the Hudson Front and get some really good pictures.; The camera is really good if I want to take good, nice pictures, but for every day use it's not the best.
So, just to let you know I'm doing well, Elder Amundsen has really been putting a lot of pressure on me to learn the area because he has pretty much been told by both AP's that he is going to be leaving in two weeks. Well that's great, I thought, that will be 4 companions in my first 4 transfers. I'm flying through companions like they are pairs of socks.
We had a really neat experience that I wanted to share with you though, Last night we were knocking, we had a dinner appointment with a member family, and we had 2 hours to knock. We knocked 3 doors, when we were let in by this lady. Right off the bat she started firing off questions. Is it bad to listen to music? What kind of music should I listen to? Is it bad to live with someone before you're married? Is it a sin to have sex before you're married? Is homosexuality a sin? Where do we go after we die? What is that book you have?(Book of Mormon) Is it bad to drink alcohol? etc. She was asking us for advice about her relationships and everything. We taught Basically a Law of Chastity+Word of Wisdom+Plan of Salvation+Book of Mormon lesson, then she wants us to come back tomorrow. She even asked US about baptism, is it a requirement to be saved, can anybody do it, etc. We were there for almost 2 HOURS, and we walked out of there and Elder Amundsen just looked at me and said, "She's going to get baptized." It was awesome. These kind of experiences really boosted my confidence, but not too much...
I love you all and miss you so much. I hope that everything is going well at home. I'm so excited, I get to talk to you in 2 months. Interesting side track, Mothers Day is EXACTLY on my 8 month mark. It's pretty cool. My 6 month mark is next Tuesday. I can't believe how fast the time has flown. I certainly hope that this sends with the pic's on there, we'll see.

Love,
élder Isaac

No comments: