Friday, April 10, 2009

7-2

Winter here is still holding on for dear life. This morning as we headed to the library to do email, we were hit with a freak snow flurries. I don't know what's up with the weather here. It's not too bad, though. Well, conference this last weekend was really amazing. Out here we sometimes will measure time by a few important events. Conferences, Temple trips, and calls home. So, by that, this was my second conference in the mission. Here we watched conference at the chapel. The Saturday and Sunday normal sessions were shown in our chapel in Englewood, and for priesthood we had to go to Emerson. The sessions were good, and I learned a lot. For the Sunday Morning session our ward had a breakfast/brunch thingy. We had pancakes and eggs and stuff, it was good. That session there were about 20 or so people from our ward that watched it at the chapel, the other sessions there were only 5 people, including us missionaries, there to watch it at the chapel. I think a lot of the members have BYU TV on their cable, so they watch it at home, there are probably a lot as well that don't watch it at all. This conference I really appreciated it a lot more. I think that back home a lot of the time I took it for granted. I really appreciated more the significance of Conference as we tried to explain it to and invite investigators to come. We actually had three that came. Nubia and Fransisco, two investigators from Colombia, came for the breakfast, then went back and watched it in Spanish at Brother Mata's house. It was awesome. This last week has been pretty stressful. Last week we had to go on Wednesday to do some service in Morristown. We cleaned up the woods behind the mission home. It was fun, and a good service opportunity. I got to see Elder Quirino and Elder Kemp, and even NoƩ, and investigator that I had taught in Rockland that got baptized two or three weeks after I left. The only problem was that doing the service killed our whole P-day. Basically all we got done that days was Laundry and Email. We didn't get any shopping done, and then we got back about 6:30. Showered, and headed off to Correlation with the Ward Mission Leader. On the way we hit a pothole, which dented the inside of the rim of our tire, and damaged the tire itself. Instead of Correlation, Brother Rumble helped us to bang the rim straight and to fill up our tire. (We also discovered we had no spare tire.) Then the next day we had to go to Pepboys and get the tire replaced. I still am having pretty bad insomnia, so I am getting more and more tired, but I love doing the work. Conference was good though, it gave us a kind of spiritual recharge. Thank you for the package. It arrived at the office last Wedensday, or before I think, and then the Zone leaders had it, and finally brought it to me on Monday. Thank you so much, that is a really nice umbrella. I gave my old one to Elder Cauffman because he doesn't have one, and I kept the one I just got from you guys. I'm glad to hear dad, that you are doing better. I was so sorry to hear that you got hurt. Was it really bad?
I hope that everything is going good. I hope that Mom enjoys clear creek. I love you all, and I can't wait to talk to you in a month. Love, Elder Isaac Ellsworth. P.S. 7 months in 2 days.

No comments: