Thursday, April 23, 2009

Transfers

Transfers are actually next Wednesday. We actually find out on Saturday if either of us are getting transferred. I hope I don't get transferred, but at the same time a really want to. I want to serve in a Spanish area again. Actually, what I would really like is to serve in a Spanish Ward. Both my areas so far have been in English wards with Spanish translation provided, kind of like what they used to do in our ward before the Spanish Branch in our stake was organized. So, if I get transferred, I hope I go to West New York, or Union City, or somewhere where there is a Spanish ward.
However, we are still working hard here. The members here are working with us a lot more. We had a really awesome member-present lesson with Brother Abraham, who came with us to visit a media referral named Sheila. It went really well, and Brother Abraham bore a powerful testimony about the power of the Holy Ghost.
As you were talking about Spencer's talk in Church, It reminded me about something that our mission president and others have said on multiple occasions. He said "The way you serve your mission will be a pattern for the way you will live the rest of your life." It was a statement that really struck me. These two years, and the faithfulness and attitude I serve with these two years will be the same way that I will serve in the church the rest of my life. That was something that really struck me. I hope and pray that I can live and serve well. This week on Saturday we had a Ward Party. We had a game night, and we talked about ideas for family home evening. It was a lot of fun, and we played fun games like apples to apples, which was especially funny with the group I was playing with. However, the party was a bit of a dissappointment, no one we invited came. We also had none of our investigators come to church that we invited. This weekend was a little down heartening, but since then we have been working hard, and have gotten a few really good new investigators. We haven't been able to get in contact with Keashawn again, but we've been trying hard.
I'm glad to hear that everyone at home is doing well. That's awesome that Emily has got a new puppy. It's weird to think that I'll never see this one, but I have work to do here. It's also really awesome that Nick is getting caught up. I'm glad to hear that he is doing better, sometimes I wish I could be there to help him more, but on the other hand I think that I can do more good here, even though I only get to write once a week. Tell Ian to keep it up in Scouts. That is awesome that he's been getting some merit Badges. Interestingly, Space Exploration and Computers were two of the ones that I got my very first Pow-wow, that's really neat that Ian got those Merit Badges as well.
Oh, mom and dad, I did spend a little bit of personal funds today. I bought a photo album, and we are not allowed to spend MSF (Missionary Support Fund) money on any photo stuff. Next time I have film to develop, which won't be until a few weeks probably, I'll have to pay for that with Personal money as well. I love you all and miss you so much. I'm really excited to talk to you on Mother's Day. The only thing that kind of stinks about it being on Mother's day, is from Christmas to Mother's day it is about 4 1/2 months. So, that's good. However, from Mother's day to next Christmas is 7 1/2 months, so, while Mother's day is great, Father's day call would put the call closer to the middle of the year. However, I'm with Mom on this one.

Love you,
Elder Isaac Ellsworth

No comments: