Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Choir + Glasses + Missionary Work

So, again the letter is a little later than usual. However, I guess it was kind of a good thing, since it gave you time to get the letter written. I hope that everything is going well with school/work. by the way, mom, what is your thesis about? You and Dad have both mentioned it quite a few times, I was just wondering about it. I hope you do well with it, even though it is a little stressful, I know it will be worth it.
Well, things are going well here in New Jersey. The reason why the letter is later this week is because of two reasons:
1) we had choir practice, which put us back a little bit. I had been practicing for the last week or two, but now I don't know if I'll be accompanying at all at the fireside, but, whatever happens it'll be good. The other reason is today I had another eye appointment. When I went in last week to pick up my glasses, they were not the right prescription, so I went in again to get it checked out again, and this time we got it right. I don't know what my old prescription is, but my new one for my glasses is -4.75 in the left eye and -5.50 in the right. I also got the thinner lenses, so that cost me an additional $32. Next week I'll pick them up, and this whole ordeal will be behind me, and I'll have my new glasses.
This last week was really good. On Saturday I got to go to the wedding of Yawdy and Gabriel, it was really good. I think that is the first time that I have ever been to a wedding in my life. Gabriel was then baptized yesterday. It was really good to partake of that. In a year when they go to the temple, I want to go with them, but that won't be until after my mission ends, but I really want to come back and see that. I'll make sure to send pictures next week from the wedding.
As for my area, things are also going really well here. We should be having a baptism fairly soon. We have an investigator, Jacklyn, set for the 21st of November. We are also hoping that her son, Jeyckof, who has been investigating for over a year, will also decide to follow the example of his mom and be baptized the same day. When that happens I will most definitely have some Pic's!
My companion and I are doing well. This week we have a lot of things planned, it will be pretty bomb. Tommorrow we already have 4 appointments set pretty much back to back. Things are really picking up well in the area. I am really glad to be working with such a a great companion. Elder McBroom is a really hard working missionary. He has a lot of good ideas about how to do missionary work. He has a lot of faith, and even though he is really young in the mission, his spanish is pretty good.
I am really excited to hear that Tyler is going on a mission. Definitely give him my email address: I don't know what the rules are everywhere, but I know that in our mission we are allowed to email direct family members, and friends that are on missions. I've been keeping in contact with Jimmy Newland via email.
I hope that everything goes well for you, I love and miss you so much, don't miss me too much...
Love,
Elder Isaac Ellsworth

No comments: