Monday, November 2, 2009

Late.....Hike.......

Sorry that the email is so late this week. We had a mission wide hike today in Boonton New Jersey, and we just barely got back from that.

I'm really sorry to hear about Ian. Is he doing better? That sound really painful. I really hope that he is feeling better by now. Fortunately, I've never broken a bone, but it sounds painful. I'm also excited that Ian will get the priesthood in a couple weeks. I know his Birthday is on the 14th right?
by the way, this is slightly embarrassing... but I am not entirely sure on the dates of importance in November. I think that Ian's is on the 14th, Mom's is on the 17th, and Emily's is on the 27th, but I'm not entirely sure. I remember about a month ago when I tried to get new glasses, and to look up Mom's insurance they asked me for her date of birth, and I was stumped. please correct me if I am wrong on those dates.

In other news, things are going well here in the new area. We currently have one baptismal date. Her name is Jacklyn, she is from Colombia. She has a date to be baptized on the 21st of this month, she is pretty prepared, but we do need to reteach her basically all the lessons. I think that she really understands the importance of baptism, and wants to be baptized, but right now she doesn't really have a testimony yet of if the Book of Mormon is true and if Jose Smith (as we say it in Spanish) was really a prophet, but she has a desire to know, and that is the first step.

We have a pretty good teaching pool, well, a lot of people, at least. People are dropping off like flies, but we do have a couple of really bomb investigators.

Oh, also, another random Sidetrack, Today we went on a hike out in the woods here in Jersey, almost everyone in the whole mission was there. President Bahr shared some good testimony with us. The area was really pretty, and I only twisted my ankle once! It was really difficult to hike because the ground was covered in leaves, so it made it difficult to see the trail and that rocks and roots that could trip you up. Really cool, though it did kill about 80% of our P-day.

This evening we also have an appointment with another really cool investigator. She has definitely felt the spirit, and I think that she knows that the Book of Mormon is true, but she wont come to church. We are bringing a couple of members with us as well, so, it'll be good.

I love you guys and miss you a lot. I hope Ian gets to feeling better soon, and I hope that everything goes well for you. I'm sorry that the email is a little short, we are a little short on time. Love,
Elder Isaac Ellsworth

No comments: