Monday, January 11, 2010

1-11-10


Well, this week has been a little tiring for me as well. this week has been really stressful with transfers and everything. Elder McBroom got transferred to Jersey City Heights, he's living right now on 13th street in Union City, where I used to live about 6-8 months ago. There are currently 6 Elders in that apartment. From what I hear they are doing well.

My new companion is Elder Butler. He is from Draper, Utah. He went to the U of U for a year, I told him I wouldn't hold it against him. ha ha. He's a good guy, still really young in the mission. He and Elder McBroom were in the MTC at the same time. Also, another interesting tidbit, he was just barely companions with Elder Secrist, my MTC comp. He took a lot of Spanish in High School, and was in the intermediate program in the MTC, and his Spanish is really good.

The entire zone was basically mixed up. We have a new Zone leader, Elder Lam, who was in the MTC at the same time I was, also Elder Ward is serving in WNY 60-70, him and I were comps in Union City. Also, this transfer I am district leader. I'm pretty nervous about. On Saturday I had training, and I realized that DL's have a lot of responsibilities, tomorrow I have to give my first District Meeting, I'm pretty nervous about it. I mean, I've taught a lot of lesson, but never done missionary trainings. Also, this week I will probably be giving my first baptismal interview.

Jacqueline and Jeyckof are doing really well, although Jeyckof was really sad I think that Elder McBroom left, he didn't even come to church on Sunday. Jacqueline got confirmed yesterday, I performed the confirmation, the second time in my mission.

We have a really awesome investigator named Elder, who is starting to progress towards baptism. He came to church yesterday, and from what I could tell really enjoyed it. we have an appointment to go by on Tuesday. He told us in our last visit that he would get baptized, but that he wants to first decide and find out if it is true, and then make a decision to get baptized. We also have another investigator named Carlos who is starting to progress towards baptism.
Over all things are going well here in WNY. It's been tough this week, I've been trying to help my companion try and get to know the area, a week from tomorrow I'm probably going to do companion exchanges, and I hope he knows the area well enough to run it on his own for a day. That's another thing I have to do now, I have to go on exchanges with each member of my district and with the ZL's each transfer. Also, on Sundays I need to call and do accountability with my district.
I hope everything is going well back home, I love you all a lot, and I hope that Em and Ian have a great time at Stomp, I remember I loved it so much when Nick and I went!
Love,
Elder Isaac Ellsworth

No comments: