Monday, January 25, 2010

I love rainy days!




Most the other missionaries, including my companion think that it's a little strange, but I absolutely love the rain. Today it's about 60 degrees, but will drop to about 38 later in the day, and it is raining heavily and with a "brisk breeze" says the weather report. I've been having a blast, walking to and from Laundry this morning was great, we put our clean and dry laundry in black garbage bags so we could keep it dry. When it's (relatively) warm I love the rain a lot, but when it's cold and miserable, I could do without.
This week has been a good week. We had kind of a rough week. Elder Ward was sick on Wednesday when we went on exchanges, and then I got sick for two days, but we still went out and worked as much as we could, so we didn't get a whole lot af lessons in this week, but the ones we did get were really well.

We visited with Elder twice this week. On Friday we took Marvin out with us, Marvin is a really cool member from Honduras, he has long black hair and listens to heavy metal, he got baptized during the summer. He was really able to connect with Elder, and bore a really powerful testimony that touched Elder. Elder said that he would get baptized, but he still has a lot of prejudice, especially because he's had bad experiences in the past at other churches, but he came to church on Sunday, and during Sunday school and Priesthood class he made some really good comments, he even said the closing prayer in the Gospel Principles class! I am really excited. Unfortunately the other cool investigator I mentioned last week, Carlos appears to have dropped off the world, we can't get a hold of him, and he is avoiding us, but it's alright, I know he felt the Spirit during our meetings, and hopefully he comes around at some point.

Alright, also here are a few pictures, I promised Nick last week I would send a few pictures so you could see what West New York, NJ looks like.

Hopefully all three of these will send, so the first picture is of our apartment. We live on the second floor of this house. You can see a picture of Jesus (though very bleached by years of sunlight) up in the second floor window.

The second picture is of me on a street not far from our house. You can see a long line of cars on either side. It's like pulling teeth trying to find parking around here. ( That's why I'm glad I'm walking, we don't have a car )

The third picture is of a large building. There are many apartment buildings such as this in our area. There are a couple that are even bigger, but these are the reasons why I have climbed more stairs in this area then in any other area in my mission ( most of these buildings are at least 50 years old, and have no elevators )
So, there you go, I'll (maybe) send another email with a few more pictures a little later, If I try and send more than 3, the email will be returned to me, without me knowing you will not get it. Yes, I know that my English was horrible in that last sentence.
I'm glad to hear that everything is going well. I hope that Nick is safe and does well in Haiti. I know that it'll be a good experience for him, but I am really worried for him as well. I know that the Lord will protect him, but, I am still a little worried every time I hear more news about Haiti.
I love you all a ton, and I miss you. I hope things continue to go well. Just keep on keepin' on!
Love,
Elder Isaac Ellsworth
P.S. If I have time after writing the Pres. letter, I'll send some more pic's a little later.

No comments: