Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year's Baptisms



Okay, this week has been crazy. We finished off this week, and this transfer strong, having a baptism on Saturday and a baptism on Sunday. here are attached the pictures. The first picture is from Jeyckofs baptism. It was a day that I never thought would come. I remember the first or second day in this area going over to visit Jeyckof, we talked about baptism with him, but he said that he was stubborn, that he would someday, but at that time it wasn't one of his goals, etc. I was really excited when he made the decision to get baptized.

The baptism went a little chaotic, in both cases. Apparently the boiler/ water heater, whichever it is, broke, and so we had the font filled about an 8th of the way filled with hot water, and then there was no more hot water. Elder McBroom performed the baptism, and he said that the water was freezing! Jeyckof was a stud, and still went through and was baptized. It was ironic because right afterwards we watched a video about Wilford Woodruff finding the church, and at the end of the video, Wilford Woodruff is baptized in a frozen lake and Jeyckof could definitely relate.

Then on Sunday we had the baptism of Jacqueline. President and Sister Bahr even came, it was a triple baptism for our ward. Because the hot water was broken, we went to Union City to do the baptisms. Jacqueline was baptized by the bishop, Obispo Machado, then also Christian Correa, an investigator I taught in Union City who moved to WNY was also baptized, as was his niece. It was really neat, I think a really good encouragement for the ward. We have been working hard and have seen the miracles.

Okay, in other news, We received transfer information. Elder McBroom will be leaving the area, and I will be staying with a new companion. I also received a call last night, and they have asked me to be a District Leader. I'm excited about it. I will now be doing the baptismal interviews for candidates, and I will be giving weekly trainings at District meeting, that I'm not so excited for, but it'll go well. Our Zone is getting torn apart. Only one companionship in the whole zone did not get split up. We will have a new zone leader, our old zone leader, Elder Taylor got called as the new AP. He is a really good missionary, he was really nervous about that.

This week is going to be crazy, we have transfer conference tomorrow, we need to have "secret meeting" as well as District leader training at some point, Elder Westover, the remaining zone leader is a little overwhelmed right now.

Also other good news. I got a email from Norbert today, he said that on Sunday he had a meeting with the bishop and with his mom, and everything is set, he'll begin filling out his papers this week. I am so excited. I am so grateful I had the opportunity to build a close friendship with Norbert.

Well, I gotta get going, we have a lot of still to do still, we had to run Elder Taylor down to Short Hills today, so we are running late on P-day. Elder McBroom is all packed already, he's nervous about going to his second area. Next week I'll let you know who my new comp is. I love you all so much, keep up the good work!
Love,
Elder Isaac Ellsworth

No comments: