Saturday, March 20, 2010

March 15


On Saturday we got hit with a very bad storm. Huge amounts of wind and rain. Elder Butler and I were in most of the day, as we were already sick, and didn't want to get worse. The three times we left the house to go to appointments we came back absolutely soaked. On Sunday we still had a lot of wind, but not as much rain, and it is still raining a little bit today. It's been a little crazy with the weather, but we're managing.


Things are still a little slow in the area, but we are doing well. hopefully once I start sleeping I'll be able to focus and work better and we can get things going more in the area. This week the Ward Mission leader wants to organize a "blitz" of our area with the members and missionaries to get the work jump-started. Hopefully it helps a lot.

This week we got an awesome new investigator. His name is Carlos. On Tuesday I went on exchange with Elder Hoover, and we taught him at the church. Last Sunday he had just shown up, and Elder Hoover and Elder Ward set up an appointment with him. We taught him the message of the Restoration, and at the end of the lesson he gave the closing prayer. In his closing prayer he thanked God for sending the prophet Joseph Smith! He also accepted a soft baptismal invite! I know that soon we'll be able to set him with a baptismal date. We have an appointment today at 6:00.

Sorry that this email is a little short. We have a guy coming to fix our telephone line for our fax machine, and we need to be there between 1 and 5. hopefully he comes earlier so we have time to do stuff.

I love you all so much, I hope you have a great week. I'll send a snail mail letter today as well, I have something I need to send to you.
Love you,
Elder Isaac Ellsworth

No comments: