Monday, March 29, 2010

Transfers.....The end of the Crusade


I am so excited right now. When I read the email from Nick tears came to my eyes. I really feel overjoyed with the news.

This week has been a little tough for us, but we've been hanging in there. Things are really looking up for this area, though. We have a baptism scheduled for this upcoming Sunday, as well as a baptism for the 25th of April. I'm really bummed that I am leaving, West New York and the people I have come to know here have really taken a very special place in my heart. However, I know that the Lord has work for me to do in a new area, and I am ready to serve. "I'll go where you want me to go, Dear Lord"
So, yes, we got the transfer news last night, and the time has come for me to leave West New York.

These last two transfers have been a huge challenge for me. More mentally and emotionally than anything else. Finally the sleep issues are starting to get resolved, and in my next area I will be able to hit the ground running without the burden of extreme exhaustion that I've had here. I've tried my best to work through it, but it has most certainly been an uphill battle these last few months, but I made it through. I feel like the Lord has blessed me and that He is pleased with me. He has certainly been testing me these last few months, and I pray I have proven faithful.

I am so glad for the time I have been in West New York. This has been the area I've been in the longest on my mission, and will be the longest. It has been a huge blessing, I have learned so much from many of the people I've taught and worked with, I've learned a lot about enduring trials and overcoming discouragement, and how to be a leader. I certainly hope that I can take the lessons I have learned here to my next area and work hard to bring about the Lords work.
I know that this is the Lord's work, and I know that He guides us. I love being a missionary.

Today we are going to make some stops and say goodbye to some of the members. It is really hard for me to leave this area. However, at the same time, I'm excited for what lies ahead. This area has certainly been an area full of growth, personally. I have really learned to overcome my weaknesses, and how to overcome discouragement. The sleep problems have also taught me a lot about preserverance (spelling?)

Also, President Bahr called me last night to tell me I'm being released as District Leader. I've learned a lot from that opportunity as well, from being a district leader. I probably will not have more leadership in my mission, but it was a good opportunity to learn and grow.

Also, I may be heading to my last area. I'm not sure, but either the next area will be my last area or I will have one more afterwards. I only have 5 months left, so who knows where I'll go or be. As the hymn says "I'll go where you want me to go, dear Lord."
I love you all so much, and I hope things continue to go well for you. Good luck in Italy, I am sooooo jealous. I hope everyone else has fun in Canada. Again, I am a little jealous. Do you know what? I have never even met Elsie. They have sent me pictures, I need to meet her at some point when I get home... but anyways.
I love you!
Elder Isaac Ellsworth

Mom's note: Elder Ellsworth did not know where he was being transferred to when he wrote. They don't tell them until the conference the next day.
Also, for those of you who don't know who Elsie is, she is my brother, John's adorable little girl. She is nearly 3 but Isaac has never seen her.

No comments: