Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas!!!

We received this email this evening from a member in California. Don't know why Elder Ellsworth is not in missionary clothes, but he looks like he is enjoying himself!

We enjoyed our call today. Nick is serving in Cottonwood, California about 20 miles from Redding. He sounds very happy! He wanted me to express his thanks to those of you who sent letters (and gifts) for Christmas. He will be sending personal thanks soon, but explained that their time on P-day is short so it may take some time to get all his letters written.


Now for the email:


Dear Parents,

My name is Eric Hogan, and your sons are at my house this Christmas day.  I would like to tell you what wonderful young men you have raised.  I am a Major in the Army Reserve, just recently home from Iraq, and I know something of longing to be home during the holidays.  I have deployed twice now, and perhaps this makes me more sensitive to how you must feel.  As you can see from the
pictures, your boys are enjoying themselves, and will definitely not go hungry today.  There will be lots to eat, home made pies, and every other confection you can think of.  My wife Patty and I really appreciate the opportunity to serve your boys.  We are so proud of them, and are very thankful for the spirit that they bring into our home.  I especially appreciate the example they set for my two boys.

 Eric L. Hogan

No comments: