Monday, January 10, 2011

January is flying by.....

Well I will tell you what the time is flying by.  Which is not necessarily a bad thing.  It feel like just yesterday I was emailing you last.  Well we had a very nice week this week.  Well I am always Tired... Always.  I can't ever seem to get enough sleep.  I am up in bed until eleven or later every night, and I am awake at like 5;30 every morning.  It is driving me crazy!!!  Today is probably the worst day yet, but hopefully I can't start to feel rested.
 
  I am sick of not having very much to say in my emails, so today I brought my Journal with me, so it can help me to write more.  This week went pretty good, it started out with me teaching my first lesson in District meeting, it was about being a succesful missionary, and I thought that it went pretty well. 
 
On wednesday I went on my first exchange, I went about 20 minutes away to a little town called Palo Cedro.  I went with Elder McNarry.  He is very soft spoken, but a really powerful missionary.  We taught a 13 year old girl, and he comitted her to Baptism, and also an older man, and I recounted the First Vision.  It was great to finally teach some real Investigators, and once you start the lesson there is really nothing to be nervous about.  The place they live in is a Penthouse compared to our place.  It is above a members garage and it is so stinking spacious, I was green with Jealousy about it.  Coming home, and back to the place I know was also good. 
 
We had a couple of cool mid-week expiriences as well.  The first one was we were out tracting, and this guy opened the door, and said "Elder's I am so glad that you are here".  I did not recognize hime from the Ward, but he promptly explained, that he is the Elder's Quorum President down in the Gridley 2nd ward.  He told us his mother was very sick, and that he would like us to give her a blessing of comfort as she passes on.  Thankfully I always have my vile of oil on hand, and I was asked to annoint because of it.  He sealed the blessing, and we were shortly on our way.  A couple of times during our visit, he would exclaim to his Sister who isn't a member "I did not even call them, they just showed up".  It was a very cool expirience.  We followed that by giving a blessing to a less active lady the next day!  The Gingell's even agreed to feed us some Elk Steak Dinner next week. 
 
I was asked to give a talk in church this Sunday as well.  I was just as usual stressd about giving the talk.  It was ten minutes long and about building Testimonies.  I prepared probably the best talk of my life, and I only took up a little paper that stated the main points, and scriptures I was going to cover.  I felt the Spririt strongly as I gave the talk.  I was impressed with myself.  Many members of the Congregation said I did wonderfully as well. 
 
The Highlight of the week though was we finally got and Investigator to teach!  The Griffith family had already accepted the invitation to be baptized, but when they did Elder Thompson was on exchanges.  Missionaries we never able to get in contact with them again.  So Elder Thompson and I had never met Amber, the mother.  We dropped by Yesterday afternoon with 5 Books of Mormon.  They accepted, and also expressed that they would still like to pursue this, so next Saturday we have an appointment with them!  They have 3 Children that are old enought to be baptized, and the Father is a less active member.  Well that is about the jist of my week.  I had a great one, and I can't wait to hear from you again.
 
   I printed out some pictures at Wal-Mart today, so I will send those home in a letter.  My MTC district, and my Humble abode, are just a few of the Highlights.  I know that every week that I ask for more stuff, but I would love you forever, if you would look into a way to get a shrunk Preach my Gospel.  I have seen a few since I have been out here, and would love a mini copy.  Well that is just about the story of my life.  I love you all!  So much!  But I have a job to do 1Nephi 3:7 so peace!!
 
Elder Ellsworth

No comments: