Monday, January 31, 2011

Transfers...

Dear Family,
 
Well what to say, that is my biggest problem, I never really know what to say.  Missionary life is awesome, but it flies so every Monday when I sit down to write you a letter, or email it is a little bit hard for me to say anything, because it doesn't seem like that long ago!  Does that make any sense?
 
Well anyways it is my first go at transfers, and all week there have been rumors flying around. I tried to ignore them but they were focused around Elder Thompson so of course a listened.  One thing was for sure, Elder Allen was going home today, but that was about it.  When we finally checked, well I am going to tell you about my week first.  
 
This week as a wrote in my journal I decided to change the focus of my writings, I have been writing about people, and lessons, but I realized that I shouldn't care as much about that, I will still write about my investigators, and a select few members, but I want to focus on my growth, my learning, and spiritual expiriences as well.  I will do that in my letters, and emails home as well.  
 
I had a pretty good week, my studies did suffer a little because Allen was all over the place.  I wouldn't say he was trunky as much as I would say he was antsy, ready to go.  But as a result everybody had a pretty bad study week.  
 
We are continueing to teach Amber Griffith twice a week, but Justin's mother has flaked two weeks in a row now on picking him up.  Without them, the Griffith's car is not big enough to fit the whole family into it, so they can't come on their own.  It is frustrating!!!
 
Sunday we had Regional Conference broadcasted from salt lake.  President Packer, President Eyring, and President Rasband were all their, and spoke.  It was very cool and Eyring's talk was incredible.  He talked about the Prophet, and how we can and should support him. 
 
This week we ate dinner with a part member family, and the non-member husband was willing to have us come and help out on Saturday, so we went, and chopped up a fallen tree, and burned all of the branches... the flames were probably 20-30 feet high, it was awesome, we had so much fun.  He also came to conference, it was awesome to see him there.  
 
This week we were able to give two priesthood blessings as well.  One of which was an answer to a less-active lady's fast.  It is so cool how the lord inspires missionaries in the simplest of ways.  I love being a missionary, and it really does fly, I have now been out here for two months or 61 days!  I am not counting, I just kind of realize the days.  Well I had better wrap this up.  I love you all a bunch. Be safe!
 
Love Elder Ellsworth
Nick's email kinda left us hanging... he never mentioned transfers. About 30 minutes later we received this follow-up.

Well I kind of figured that you would now be freaking out about transfers.  Elder Thompson is going to Yuba City as a Zone Leader, my new companion is Elder McAllister.  Never met him ha well this goes to show that Missionaries can have a sense of Humor!!  



2 comments:

susan g said...

He's always a crack-up! I've been enjoying his blog.

lellswo said...

Thanks Susan, I am glad that you enjoy Nick's Blog. I have to admit that there is a different energy in the house with Nick gone. Oh yeah, and a lot less of Ian screaming cause he is being teased! We miss Nick's sense of humor!