Monday, June 6, 2011

Transfers are here again......

Well I am really begining to freak out now.  This last transfer was number four.  I am now officially one quarter of the way done.  But it is going to fast.  I swear that the last six weeks has just... well I blinked and it is gone.  Well I guess I won't keep you waiting, I am staying in Shasta, and Elder Brown is being transferred.  My new Companion is Elder Clifford, I hear he actually might be my size, well at least that he is really tall.  I also heard that he was a pathological liar, but that was from a dumb source so I won't give it any mind.  I always get super nervous right before I find out what is going on.  Actually I kind of start to have a panic attack.  Not really but, the butterflys in my stomach dance around pretty good.

Well I mentioned that last week I was pretty at much at my wit's end with Elder Brown.  Well I had that exchange down in Shasta Lake, and that was very therapeutic I was able to organize my thoughts.  So I talked about my frustrations with Elder Jackson.  I did not bag on my comp, but I told Jackson how I was feeling.  Then when we exchanged back Elder Brown and I had a very long heart to heart talk.  We were able to express our frustrations, and work it out.  We have been good ever since. 

I had two experiences that I wanted to tell you about this week, which stuck out in my head.  Saturday night as I prayed I asked my Father in Heaven if I could have the opportunity to bear my testimony to somebody.  I did not realize that the next day was Fast Sunday.  At church I didn't get up and bear my testimony but a member brought her 20ish year old friend who isn't a member.  After priesthood, we were talking to him, and I was able to bear to him my testimony of the Book of Mormon.  After I bore my testimony I immediately recognized it as an answer to my prayer.  Also at church there was this family that came in.  They are less active part member family, and one of the boys, named Will.  A big black boy( not being racist) came up to us, and said he wanted to take the lessons, and get baptized!  Well of course we immediately set up an appointment for Friday on this upcoming week!  What a miracle!

One more story I wanted to tell you guys about.  So I mentioned about that Revelation that I got I guess while reading a conference talk.  Well on my exchange in Shasta Lake we taught a lesson about the Priesthood.  During the lesson I felt inspired to share my experience with them of the day that I entered the MTC.  When Dad laid his hands upon my head and gave me a blessing of comfort.  The Spirit of God burned in my chest, and tears streamed down my face as I told them how grateful I am to my Father, and for his worthiness so we can have the Priesthood in my home growing up.

Well I want you guys to know how much I love you, and I really appreciate your support of me.  I can't believe that I turn the big 20 next week!  Scary.  So there is a series of talks called "our savior"  It is a 14 part series done by a bunch of BYU professors.  It is pretty cool I have listened to it before, so I don't know how much it is but that would be a cool B-day present, as well as money or ties!  Love them all!  I love you guys and thank you for your support!  Love your gutz


Elder Ellsworth

Oh by the way did Isaac serve with and Elder Henry McBroom in New Jersey?

No comments: