Monday, June 13, 2011

20... I feel old now!

Well there are a few perks that come along with being twenty years old.  Now I can viably say "kids these days", and shake my head, and people will nod in agreement.  Also when people are generalizing about how horrible teenagers are, I am no longer included in the category!

Well enough about that.  As you know, I had a little bit of a tough time with Elder Brown, we just did not really hit it off as a companionship.  I think he is a very nice guy and all, but we well our personalities didn't really mesh that well.  I would say that Elder Clifford, and my personalities are much more alike.  He is a maybe a little bit taller than me, but a lot skinnier than I am.  He is actually a bean pole!  He has red hair, and he makes me laugh.  When he found out that he was going to Mount Shasta, he was a little bummed because he wanted to go and serve in the City, I laughed and told him he was in luck because we have got 5 cities in our area!

Elder Clifford has been out for 13 months and is from Mesa.  His family is from Safford though, so we figure we are probably related somehow!

Well our week went relatively well, we tied lasts weeks 7 lessons, but next week we are going to pound it into the dust, we are planning on getting 16 so we better get out there and work!  This week was not very exciting, I really don't have that much to talk about.  We re arranged our whole house, which was very nice, I am no longer on the top bunk. 

We didn't meet with either the Gardener's or Will (the big black kid that wants to get baptized) but we did set up lessons for next week, so that is good.  Other than that, my life is pretty boring. 

I rode my bike for the first time in the mission field this past week which was awesome.  We rode over to the church which is just a little 1.1 mile ride up hill at high alititude the entire time.  I would be lying if I told you I was just fine when we arrived... but the ride home was very fun, about 25 miles per hour the whole way! 

This area has a lot of Potential, but I think that the last few missionaries have just gotten lazy.  I can see why, we are an hour away, so you can do whatever, and nobody would ever know.  That is no excuse, me and Elder Clifford are going to work hard.  I have gone through some good and some bad times, some easy, some rough.  Some times where you can't do anything right, and some times when nothing goes wrong.  You can learn from everything that happens to you.  That is the blessing of knowlege!
Love
Elder Ellsworth

No comments: