Monday, July 18, 2011

Two in a row!

Well when I said that last week was probably the most notable to date.  Well this one is right up there with it.  This week has truely been a good one.  I guess that it starts last tuesday.  I was finally after 7 months going on my first exchange in my own area.  I have not really avoided it, but it always just seems to get cancelled when I have one scheduled.  
 
Well rewind!  This week we had a Zone Conference on Thursday, because of that we did not go down to Redding, District Meeting was cancelled.  So we stayed up in Mount Shasta all day on Tuesday.  We had a couple of really good appointments, including one with Juanita, we recommited her to really
Read the Book of Mormon.  We also had a meeting FINALLY with the Gardener's.  They are awesome, but we got out of touch with them for a few weeks there!  So also with them, we mostly just went and talked about the Book of Mormon, and bore our testimonies of it's truth.  We also talked about how it is the proof, it is the evidence.  
 
We then went and drove down halfway to Redding to exchange with the Shasta Lake Elders.  Elder Clark came up with me back to Mount Shasta.  On the drive back up we were going 68 on the freeway, when out of the Darkness a Brown Bear darts across the road!  At first we both thought it was a dog, but it was way to big to be a dog.  It was so quick that I did not even have time to slow down, luckily bears run fast, and he got across the lane before we got too him! 
 
With Elder Clark we had a killer lesson with Will, who is still on track to get baptized on July 29th.  I think, so things are going good.  
 
We then took our long drive down to Redding on Wednesday night for Zone Conference.  This was going to be the first time that I would ever meet the Weston Family.  Man, I can't even tell you how impressed I am!  The whole family was there at Zone Conference.  They each bore their Testimony, then the kids got up and did a musical number for us.  So they have twin 15 year old daughters, a 13 year old son, and a 9 year old daughter!  I am so impressed by the whole family, their willingness to do this.  Something that probably was not an easy thing to do!  But they discussed as a family, and each of them commited to come out here and serve!  Then as President and Sister Weston spoke, I was so inspired, they made me want to be better, to work harder, to be the best I can!  One quote that stuck out to me was Sister Weston talking about President she said, he is obedient Everyday, every page, every way!  That makes me want to be as good as he is!  
 
Then I will skip forward to today.  The whole zone came up today and together we hiked Black Butte.  It was a vent for the big volcano Mount Shasta, and we had a lot of fun!  Then the Ingraham's provided a barbaque for us!  It was a lot of fun, and I think the whole zone enjoyed it!  Well that is just about everything.  I love you guys a whole bunch and am grateful for you support. 
 
With Love
 
Elder Ellsworth
 
Quote of the week:
 
 "Line upon line and precept upon precept, gradually and almost imperceptibly, our motives, our thought, our word, and our deeds become alligned with the will of God"
 
Elder David A. Bednar

No comments: