Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Time never seems to slow down!

Holy Cow these weeks are just simply flying away from me! I can't even believe how fast these past 8 weeks with Elder Lee have gone. They have really been good, I have learned a lot about myself, and my personal commitment has really been strengthened! I have really tried recently to simply focus on the things that I can control, and everything that I can't I won't worry about. So I focus on myself, my obedience, my commitment, my study. Then I just rely on the Lord with the faith that his is going to bless me as I strive to be the best I can. At times it has been rough, and I will admit that I have struggled with Elder Lee at times, but I really feel like I am learning to love him. I don't always agree with what he does, and I am not always happy or impressed by him, but I am grateful that Heavenly Father has blessed me with this learning experience! Also I love serving in Loma Rica!! I really have enjoyed my time here, hopefully I have a few more months but who knows!
Not only are things going better with me and Elder Lee, the Lord is pouring out blessings upon us. This week we had a couple miracles that I wanted to tell you guys about. First we had a lesson with William Hill, he has been taught the Restoration and the Plan of Salvation by other missionaries, and this week they handed him off to us! We met with Him, Cindy his Mom, the Marysville Missionaries, and the Greens, at the Green's home, they are fellowshippers. So Cindy has been to every lesson with Will, and she listened intently as Elder Lee, and I taught about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. At the end of the lesson we Elder Thompson invited her to be baptized on February 4th with Will. With tears in her eyes, she said she wanted too, but she was going to pray about it!! It was an awesome experience for me!
Second Miracle. This week we also met with Jason Jorgensen at his home. We went with a member Bro. Pietz, and JJ's mom sat in on the lesson. We found out first of all that she and JJ's two sisters are all members of the Church, and so we ended up at the end of the lesson inviting JJ to be baptized, and he said that he would. So on January 28, Jason will be baptized!
We have also had an amazing week, and it has truly been a testimony to me that as we strive to be obedient the Lord will bless us! He is always just waiting us to do what he has asked, and when we do we will receive the blessing attached to that commandment! I am so grateful to the Lord for the many tender mercies that we have experienced this week. It makes me want to be even better this week!
Also random fact! So one of the Hmong speaking Elders, Elder Talbot, that is in my district went on exchanges this week. We were talking and we found out that he went up to New Fork as a scout. We also discovered that Isaac (my brother) was his troop buddy!! Haha Small world!
I love y'all
Elder Ellsworth

No comments: