Monday, January 30, 2012

Missions are the bomb!

Dear Family and Friends!
Well this transfer is simply the bomb! I don't think that I have ever had such a rewarding transfer thus far on my mission! I feel so blessed, and I am grateful for all of the things I have learned and been able to do.

This week was as you can probably guess awesome. Things started off pretty normal I guess. P-day was fun, I played way too hard, as usual, and Monday just cruised by. Tuesday was a great day. We had District Meeting and during that we had our President Interviews with President Weston. Our district is knocking it out of the park right now. On Tuesday we had 10 total baptism Dates set. During district meeting President pulled out people one at a time, and talked to them. I was the very last one that he talked too, and I had a cool chat with him. He asked me how things were going with my new responsibilities, and we talked about a few of my concerns, he counseled me and gave me advice. He asked how things were with Elder Lee, and we just had a cool talk.

After our meeting I had to run with Elder Talbot (a Hmong missionary) to do a baptism interview in a language I had never heard of before my mission. I mostly just smiled and nodded as Elder Talbot lovingly asked the questions. They both did well and Ma-hur and Chong xang Thao were baptized on Tuesday afternoon! Wednesday was cool as well, I was on exchanges down in Wheatland again, and I really feel bad for those Elders. They simply have a dead area. There is no work, they mostly just go visit less actives and tract all day everyday! I encouraged them to keep their chins up and keep working hard.

We also had to move them. Where they were living was... no longer the best situation... Their neighbors were a bunch of the "whores of Babylon!" So they fled from the Chaldeans!! So now they are living in Olivehurst with the Hmong, and the Zone Leaders. So currently there are 5 Elders in the same house. Next transfer when the trio splits there will be six Elders, so not the best situation... But much better than it was.

Thursday I went on exchanges with the Hmong and Zone Leaders in their area. I stayed three nights at their house and it was really weird to be away from home for so long! Finally on Friday after our meeting I was able to go back to Loma Rica!!

While I was gone Elder Lee took awesome care of this area, and things were still going smooth! So that on Saturday everything was set up and ready for Jason's baptism. I loved the opportunity that I had to baptize this awesome kid. He was all smiling and happy and it was a great service. His two friends, Seth and Ivan who introduced him to us, both spoke at the baptism. On Sunday, Jason had me do his confirmation as well. Now that I was really nervous before, that was a first for me. My legs were shaking the whole time, but it went very well. So not only was Jason baptized and confirmed this week, he also became a missionary! The three of them invited another friend to Church and to the baptism and Sunday at church John Smail who is twelve came up to us and asked when his baptism was! So we set up a lesson and Sunday after church we taught him a lesson, and committed him to be baptized on February 18th! Holy cow how the Lord is blessing us, and what awesome examples those 4 boys are to us. Sharing the Gospel is not scary, it is an act of love!

So next Saturday, we have Will Hill's baptism, so things are really cruising in Loma Rica. We are working hard, and the Lord is blessing us! Missions are the bomb. nuf said
With Love
Elder Ellsworth

No comments: