Monday, February 6, 2012

Amazing things are happening!

Dear Family and Friends,
We had another amazing week here in Loma Rica! I really love the work of the Lord, and I really am feeling his blessings this transfer. My testimony of members has been strengthened so much! What I mean is my testimony of the great work that members can do, through their example, through speaking up in love, through humble invitations given to their friends and family! They rock when they apply themselves to being member missionaries! So I will give a few examples of what I mean.
Jason Jorgenson, he saw the example of his friends, and he felt their love as they invited him to activities, and church. Because of those awesome young missionaries, Jason was eventually baptized. They were with him every step of the way! Yesterday at Church Jason was sustained in Sacrament meeting, and I had the privilege of ordaining him. It was a surprise to me! We walked into the room where the teachers meet, and were ready for the ordinance, when the Bishop turned to me and said he asked you to do it. I was surprised, and was very grateful that I am applying the atonement in my life! I was grateful for that opportunity to participate!
William Hill, he was fellowshipped by the Green's. They are an awesome family in the Marysville ward. They were such a support and continue to be for Will, and his mother Cindy. Will got baptized on Saturday, and confirmed yesterday, and it was so great! I feel blessed that I was able to be a part of his life, I have learned a lot, and hopefully will continue to. Cindy wants to get baptized as well, so hopefully we can figure out when.
John Smail, who is scheduled to be baptized on Feb, 18th. He was also introduced to us by the stud muffins Seth and Ivan! They are doing such a great job at being missionaries. He has been to church twice, and also to Jason's baptism. He asked us when he could get baptized too! He is really prepared of the Lord.
Val Siathnuu, well you have never heard of him. Because he was introduced to us yesterday. A member invited him to take a discussion, and set it up at his house! So we taught Val yesterday about the Book of Mormon, and things went well. He is open to it, and wants to compare it's teachings with the Bible! He asked us if we could meet again, so I hope that he reads and prays, so next Sunday we can find success with him. His wife is a Less active member of the church as well! She sat in on our lesson too.
I feel very blessed by the Lord, I am grateful for the many blessings that he has given me! I am also very nervous because we are finding success, and also transfers are coming up. When you start finding success, and transfers are approaching, it usually means that it is your time to go... no... Also I am super stressed with being a District Leader, I wish I had the luxury of just worrying about myself, but I don't anymore, so naturally more stress. Life is good in the service of God!
With Love,
Elder Ellsworth

No comments: