Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Transfer Clause is Coming to Town......

Dear Family and Friends!
Well this week has been a quick one, and I have a couple of things that I wanted to tell you about! So sit tight, and maybe this will be a bit longer than the last few weeks! Well a lot of crazy new things have happened lately, so I will try and address them one at a time. First off, you may have noticed that I talk a lot about our investigator Drealton for the past few weeks, well she is out of the picture unfortunately. We met her two weeks ago on Sunday, and set a baptism date with her, and a bunch of appointments. So our first lesson went well, and after that we lost contact with her. She moved into a ghetto trailer park, and hung around the bad crowd, and as a result she fell into her old ways, and is now living with a man in Yuba City, and smoking pot, and cigarettes. It is a really sad thing for us because she really was touched but she chose to turn away. Who knows maybe we will see her again, but things are not looking up for it.
So that was Tuesday we had a lesson fall through with her, and lost contact, then on Wednesday I went on exchanges down in Marysville with Elder Simon. That was a very bad exchange with him, because for most of the exchange we did not do very much. The rain started, and did not quit all day long. It was cold too, so we would go out for a while than come home soaked, and then dry off and go out again. Overall we did not get very much done. The real problem is one of my sets of shoes, the one that I had, I stepped on a wire on Tuesday and poked a hole right through the bottom! So my feet got wet very very fast. So that was my day on Wednesday.
Thursday was a very intense day! Elder Talbot, and I were on exchanges and we went up to Chico for a conference of mission leadership. Because Elder Talbot is a trainer, and I am a District Leader we were both invited, and it was a very intense meeting. President Weston is awesome, and he does not mess around. He told us flat out that we need to step up our game! Because we are the leaders of the mission he said that we need to be perfect! He invited any missionary attending who is not willing to step up and be obedient to call him, and they will be removed from their leadership next transfer! I was inspired on so many things that I need to improve, so this week that is what I tried my best to do. Also I had dinner with a Hmong family with Elder Talbot that evening and said the prayer in Hmong (with a lot of help)
Friday I sat down with Elder Lee, and tried to inspire him to improve, but he mostly shut down on me, and he said he would think about it. I haven't addressed it since, I will this week though.
Saturday we went to a wedding! it was pretty... cool
and Sunday we almost died in a car crash!
Well that was our week, sorry I am running out of time!
With Love
Elder Ellsworth
JK Sunday was good, but we ran into some snow while I was driving, and started to skid while I was going 55 down the road. Luckily we skidded down the middle of the road, and I was able to pull it out! We made it safely to our destination, and I slowed down for the rest of the day!
It was a great day because we took a Priest in our ward out with us all day long. I wish I had that experience before my mission!
Love y'all

No comments: