Monday, July 9, 2012

Sorry about last week....

Dear Family and Friends,
Well last week was pretty crazy.  I sent you that letter that I promised on like Friday so you should get it soon, I will give you a breif synopsis of what down.  Two missionaries didn't get along, and one of them ended up getting transferred over it.  I was not really thrilled about the one that ended up leaving the area, but I will make due.  It was a very stressful week, but that is okay, I had a good one anyways.  We were in a meeting with President Weston, talking about what was happening, and he told us "Elders welcome to Priesthood Leadership, stay on your toes"  It was a good week, and I am grateful for the lessons that I learned, I just wish that things would not have worked out the way that they did.  This week was awesome and crazy as well.  Well it was to say the very least a week of some of the highest highs of my mission, and a few of the lowest lows.  I am probably more frustrated then I have ever been my whole mission with members.  I feel like Elder Simons and I are working our tails off out there in the heat, and the members just simply are not stepping up and supporting us.  There are a lot of good people here in Antelope, but they just miss the bill when it comes to Missionary work.  I think that it is a problem church wide that members think that our 55 thousand missionaries are just going to go out and do the work, and we will sit back and watch.  It is a joint respionsibility that we all share, and a lot of times members just don't understand that.  So my frustrations this week reached an all time high in that regards.  And it was also a week of the highest highs in these regards.  I had the chance to have my personal interview with President Weston on Tuesday afternoon.  We had a very nice talk together, and I told him of the many frustrations that I have with the Wards that I am serving in, and he told me that I need to remember the lessons that I have learned out here on my mission for a future time when I will be a Bishop.  I felt like telling him that he should not put that evil on me, but I let it slide anyways.  He also is always so positive and builds me up, he always tells me how good of a job I am doing here in Antelope, even though I have my weaknesses.  I am grateful for the things that he does for me.  I love him and I sustain him in every thing that he asks me to do.  We also this week had our zone leader council on friday.  I found out that we once again in August are having a member from the Quorum of the Seventy coming to tour our mission, I know that the Lord is very mindful of me because when President Weston announced who was coming my eyes welled up with tears.  Elder Craig A. Cardon of the first quorum of the Seventy will be coming to the mission on the August 22nd.  I am very excited to meet your mission president Dad.  I will wear your nametag that I still have in honor of you Father. 
 
I love my mission, and I am so grateful for the many blessings that I have received.  The Lord blesses me and sustains me, and carries me through even the hard times, and I rejoice through the good times.  I am so grateful that I am out here on my mission.
 
So I have decided and am going to attend college at the University of Utah Valley.  I hope that that is okay with you guys.  I will be applying to it in the next few weeks, and will let you know how it goes.  Also I got those pills on Saturday thanks for the refills!
 
With much love,
Elder Nick Ellsworth

No comments: