Saturday, July 28, 2012

Sorry- July 16th letter

Dear Family,
Things are going really really, well out here in the mission field.  I am so grateful for this gospel in my life, and I am grateful when I have an experience when I fell my Father in Heavens hand reach out and give me amazing experiences.  I want to tell you about one this week.
Alicia was a girl that we met in our singles ward a few weeks back when a friend brought her to church.  We gave her a Book of Mormon and encouraged her to read from Moroni Chapter 10 and then to start from the beginning.  So I did not see her again for a few weeks, until she came to church last Sunday.  She was excited and she wanted to have a lesson with us.  But she lives out of our singles ward area.  That was okay, but I was not super comfortable with teaching her because in the end we would have to hand her off anyways.  But we decided to set up a lesson anyways.  So Monday evening we met with her, mind you when we saw her at church I gave her a Restoration Pamphlet.  When we came to the lesson she told us that she had read the entire pamphlet, and the chapter in the Book of Mormon we had left her, and then she had started from the beginning, not only that but she has already had a spiritual confirmation that the book is true.  She accepted a date to be baptized for the 28th of July.  It was awesome our second lesson on Saturday was amazing too.  Then on Sunday we found out that for sure we are going to have to hand her off.  But we will be able to attend her baptism.  It is going to be very hard because she is the most prepared person I have ever had the chance to teach before.  I am grateful for the lessons I have been able to teach her though.
So about that phone call funny story.  So we had just hooked up Elder Simons GPS to Bluetooth with our phone while he was driving I typed in our home phone number as a joke, and was threatening to call home, and he leaned over and hit the button to call you.  I hurried to hang up the GPS but the phone was still calling, then you called back and I had a heart attack.  So I apologize that it happened, and now you know my cell phone number.  So ya, it was a joke that backfired on my part.  But I still love you guys and I am doing really well. 
Well thanks so much for everything you do.  Have a great day and an amazing week.  I will talk to you next week.  Transfers are coming up soon, so who knows what will happen!
With Love,
Elder Ellsworth

No comments: