Monday, October 2, 2017

Life in WW

The Mountains got COLD!! this week.  It got so cold so quick that I have been a little sick ever since.  It hit out of nowhere and even with all my blankets I'm still cold.  What the heck, this is supposed to be SoCal.  Somewhere it doesn't get cold in the middle of September.

Anyways, so Wrightwood has become an interesting place recently. The temperature dropped suddenly with no warning and I started living like it's winter.  The world is different right now, with no investigators and cold nights, it feels like a different area.  My experience here in California as a missionary has been very slow this week.  Not a single door opened to us as we tracted, and all the people we street contacted have outright rejected our message.  It is very discouraging to be here at the moment, but I will stand tall even with all the down times.  The high moments are settling and now we just have the grunt work ahead of us.  I went on a few different exchanges the past two weeks and was able to experience some hilarious moments with Elder Richins and Elder Sutherland.  Elder Sutherland is one of the Phelan members and we had a blast the other day.  We had no food ready to eat so we made all our own.  He made Pepper Jack Chicken BBQ sauce wraps.  And I made tortilla chips by frying corn tortillas.  No oils burns were had, or at least serious ones (sorry mom)  And exchanges with Elder Richins were crazy because we went tracting out in the desert and met a lady who belonged to "The Church of What's Happenin Now".  She told us that "whatever makes us happiness, is what needs doin".  She was for sure a missionary story.  

Missionary work is changing me for the better!  My favorite book right now is Jesus the Christ.  Every chapter blows my mind!  Learning more is what life is all about right? anyways thats' all for now

Elder Ellsworth

No comments: