Monday, October 2, 2017

The long lost missing email......

Well this has been quite the interesting week.  I ate Escargo with Thierry, who is an amazing cook, but I'm not the biggest fan...  I think my family would so proud of me! There has yet to be something placed in front of me that I haven't ate, although there have been plenty of things I haven't taken seconds from. :)

The most awkward dinner I have ever ate happened this week as well.  We were eating tacos with some members.  Their dog is blind in both eyes and had an eye infection in one eye.  During the course of dinner, one the teens took off the cone of shame so the dog could drink.  Because the eye was irritating it tried scratching to resolve the pain and ended up ripping it's own eye open.  It started crying out in pain as it's fluids in the eye leaked out.  All of the children started crying and freaking out in different ways and the Dad told us to keep eating the tacos while the bleeding dog continued to howl in pain... my appetite had left the house when I saw what had happened, but I had to keep eating in silence has the family lost it.  
Elder Pooley also found out he isn't allergic to peanuts that night and his favorite candy is Reese's.  So it wasn't all bad!?

Being a missionary up here in the mountains is AWESOME even with the jacket weather.  The mornings are around here are freezing.  Most mornings are 30 degrees and don't get better til the sun wakes up!  So the thermostat is working and the windows are all closed.  Tracting nowadays are different because I'm no longer sweating from walking around, now we wear big jackets!  The work that we do has shifted a great deal to working with less actives, the Bishop gave us a great deal to do and we are struggling to get in contact with those people.  We do our best but fall short sometimes.  I hope to do better and do the work the Lord has assigned me!  

Elder Ellsworth 

PS... I tried to send this last week but a video corrupted it and didn't send, sorry...

No comments: